First car ever owned?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a 49' Chevy 3100 pickup. 216" with a 4 speed. My Dad gave me the truck at 16. Learned to drive it at 15. Bought my first car at 16 also. It was a 54' Buick Super 2 dr for $50. Wish I still had both.

i had a 77 cadillac with a 425... and got 3 tickets in it in 2 years
it had a turbo 400 tranny that i ripped the oil pan off of jumping it over this intersection that had a hump in the middle the posted speed was 25 for this intersection but i found out that if you hit it going 50 plus you could get some air.....it worked a few times then 1 time the tranny pan got ripped off and i was stranded for a few hours tiil my dad could tow me home....he asked me what happened and i told him i ran over a tire with the wheel still in it:D

1973 ford bronco. A strong 302 with headers and 12" glasspacks made it impossible to sneak home late. Used to take the top and doors off and fold the windshield down to go hunting. I built a shooting platform for the rear seat that raised it up two feet.

The local cop pulled me over one night while cruising around with over 20 kids piled allover that bronco with the top and doors off. He asked if I had room for one more then hopped on the back bumper and rode around with us for about 15 minutes before he said he better get back to work. Small town with a cool cop made for lotsa good times.:D

Lucky for me my dad remembers some cars he wishes he hadn't sold and let me keep this one at his farm when I didn't have room for it. It is now in my backyard waiting for me to finish a brake job and tune up. Thanks DAD!

1st. car owned. 63 ½ Ford Galaxy 390 3spd. 2dr. with a reverb. radio. Highschool driver and week end drag racer strip and street. Wish I still had it.

72 VW Bug, bought it at 15 and took it completely apart, put it together, had many extra parts left over, drove the hell out of it, since then i have had some where around 25 of them, i lost count a while back, i think i still have a few parts from that 1st car

Ron

1972 Datsun 510.Triple S 1800 CC,Dual 44 sidedraft webbers,240 Z 5 speed trans and rear end.Would smoke first gen Mustangs with the 289's.I wish I still had that one.Everytime I got pulled over by the cops they always wanted to know what was under the hood.It had hood pins with locks.I always told them that my dad was the only one that had the keys.Boy did they get ****ed off.

64 Falcon 2dr hardtop Sprint. 289 3 on the tree,black with red interior and bench seat. I bought it my sophmore year from my brother for $400, I rebuilt a vw engine and sold it and bought the car.
Tim

The Murray was first, then the DeSoto Firemite go kart...:p

Attachments

• murray18.jpg
    murray18.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 4
  • MVC-018Sp.jpg
    MVC-018Sp.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 5
  • desotofmtalb7.jpg
    desotofmtalb7.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 9
'48 Chev PU

My 1st car was a '48 Chev PU. It had bad brakes, leaked oil, the clutch slipped, it was several different colors but it had wheels & got me from point A to point B. I also lost my er... innocence in it as well!!! $150 real dollars!!!

BoB

The Murray was first, then the DeSoto Firemite go kart...:p

Do you have any original pictures or home movies of your Firemite back in the day?

I own a Firemite and I also have a website dedicated to other powered promotonal cars www.jrcentral.com Like most of the others I will guess that the polystyrene body broke up due to the vibration from the briggs 6B motor, sidewalk cracks and inexperienced drivers? Do you still have any parts lying around that fell off or the original frame after the body broke up?

I always like to find original photos to add to the website and share with other collectors.
Some Junior car videos I have put together Also has the first pizza hut commercial featuring a 1965 Mustang JR.

I hope mine looks like this again some day!
s_mite1.jpg

I will also attach a few other images from the website.

Attachments

• pontiac7.jpg
    pontiac7.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 1957Mercury.jpg
    1957Mercury.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 6
  • divco4.jpeg
    divco4.jpeg
    26.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 66mustang8.jpg
    66mustang8.jpg