First drive

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat33pickmup

International man of mystery!
So I got the 33 ready enough to take it out and up and down the alley behind my upholstery shop, all I can say is WHAT A RIDE. went sideways through the College Second hand store parking lot and didnt mean to ( well goosed it and didnt wanna let outta it) Here are the pics after I pulled it back into the shop after the drive, The Hemi 4 Banger is PERFECT for this Rat.

Jim

P.S. thats me in the pic with the grin NO ONE can whipe off

Attachments

• 100_0572.jpg
    100_0572.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 100
  • 100_0567.jpg
    100_0567.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 78
There's no truer statement Bonehead.. I've had my 37 for 18 years and I still can't get the grin off my face everytime I drive it.:D:D:D:D

congrats on that first ride! no way that feeling should ever leave...when it starts to fade-just go for another ride!! :D
cool looking truck oughta be alot of fun...:cool:

You could have just drove it 10 feet and have had that feeling. It feels great to drive something you worked so hard on.

I remember the first time i took my truck out. I went to burn rubber and it ended in carnage. The rear of the truck lifted, then the coils spit out the back, then the truck came back down....HARD! Needless to say, i fixed that problem.

Great lookin rig, congrats

thanks everyone, I have built many cars and trucks over the years but this is one ive built EVERYTHING on myself, friends have helped but in a whole it was mostly me. I am heading to the shop to finish a few things to make it better, it turns slow so gonna make a longer pitman arm for it so it doesnt feel like it takes so many turns and change the steering arm ( as in build my own) at the spindle, need it to turn a little faster. I will update pics and Daisy wants to video tape me pullin it outta the shop today to clean before I finish this thing ( I will put windshield in before I move it outside to let the Eurothane dry in this Heat ).

Jim

Congrats on the first ride. Have a blast with it now. And make sure to post that vid when you get a chance.

Latest posts

Back