First Rat Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ufslouis

The about two weeks ago I picked up a car with the body style that I have always wanted for $150:

IMG_1710.jpg

My wife and I are having our first baby so progress is going to be slow as I have other more important things to do. However, the other day I got out to the car to get some work done.

I started to disassemble some of the interior including the dash and some of the fittings on the doors. (I also shoved a giant piece of glass into my finger which has now doubled in size:D) Any way here are some pics of the first coat of primer sanded on the door moulding as well as some pics of the chrome that I polished up and the clock that was pretty gross that I cleaned. Not much but it's a start.

IMG_1735.jpg

IMG_1739.jpg

IMG_1746.jpg

Hey, a starts a start. The small stuff like that has to be done eventually.

I missed your other thread with the pics somehow. You got a steal for 150$. Looks solid. It's the little stuff that take all the time anyhow so might as well get a jump on it. And while your working on the stuff like that you can get a feel for the car and really formulate a plan. Can't wait to get working on my own 48.

I really love to do the little stuff. I'm a teacher by profession but an artist at heart. The interior is one of my favorite parts of a car to work on, I guess it's becuase I spend the most time there, so for me, this is the best part of the build. Plus it gives me something to do while I save for a welder and some other big ticket items I need to get some serious work done. Hopefuly more tomorrow.

What a sweet car. I love the look of those old big body cars. Cant wait to see the rest of how it looks. So what are the plans for it?

For right now just flat black and running. I would like to slam it to the ground as well. Thinking about a fall theme, with leaves going up the sides in varying shades of reds and yellows as opposed to flames. Mabye some twisted pumpkins some where?

For right now just flat black and running. I would like to slam it to the ground as well. Thinking about a fall theme, with leaves going up the sides in varying shades of reds and yellows as opposed to flames. Mabye some twisted pumpkins some where?

then sell it to Martha Stewart!;):eek: just kiddin'. What a great deal. Just get it done in time for the kid to drive. Its tough having a kid on the way while trying to build a car. Our first is due in June and its already SLOOOOW goin on my build.
Best of luck on it. Good start.:D

Latest posts

Back