First rat rod

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad jack

I'm Building my first rat rod and could use some helpful hint on setting up my spring behind front end I'm using a 33 ford car front and I cut the factory wish bone to make my radius arms

Haven't done a split wishbone suspension, but plenty of guys here have and have posted info on their build threads so you should read through as many threads as you can. The picture attached is something I've seen done several times. Hopefully it's something to start from.

Attachments

• DSC_0003-2.jpg
    DSC_0003-2.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 73
I gotta tell ya, I didn't like the fast that two 1/2" bolts were holding my front end on, so I opted for an offset spring perch in stead, and used the original perch end on top of the front axle. I feel much better about it, just seeing the spring over the axle but frame down low. BUT, lots of builders have doien it the other way with great success.

That was just what I needed to see I robbed a spring perch and friction shocks out of a 40 ford coupe today now for the install in the frankin sedan lol building it the old school way straight out of the junk yard so far have 6 donors 33 coupe 38 truck 40 coupe 48 jeep 91 chevy and 81 ford

Well I've decided on how to set my spring on my front end finally I've turned the 40 model cross member upside down I'll weld it moro if I get a chance then weld a piece of tubing for my shakel bushings to fit through to my radius arm not sure if I need to put extra support on the radius arm or if it will be strong enough

Latest posts

Back