Ford Flathead Rebuilding

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratdog

I can get a 1953 Ford 239 " with a trans for $ 450. don't know the condition right now,but wondering about cost of rebuilding. Looked at some parts and they look really pricey. How much more are we looking at compared to your basic 350 SBC, which is what I am used too. What about the $ 450,is that reasonable.

Ratdog,
$450's not a bad price for engine & tranny but it depends on what u want out of u're car/truck. Are you looking for a driver, a cruiser etc. Flatheads look kool but a SBC is dependable, parts are abundant & cheap & if u break down on the road getting parts is easier. I've never used a flattie because I have always been compelled to have excessive amts of unwarranted & unnecessary HP.

BoB

I always had sbc , got an El Camino with a 350 now, but just looking for stuff to do a rat rod truck soon. I like the look of the flatheads, but I guess they don't make much power unlees you spend a lot from looking at some of the parts prices. I am kind of used to the chevy smallblock were you can get a complete rebuild kit for 300 or 400 bucks. The flathead kit I saw was a couple of thousand for a rotating assembly.

Latest posts

Back