Ford front hub inner bearing seals?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neophyte

When I stripped the brakes and drums off of my '38 Ford front axle I ekpt everything. Now I can't find any evidence off or remmber taking out any inner seals from the drum's hubs.

Did they actually have seals?

From my measurements the shaft is about 1.5" diameter where the seals should sit and the seal's o.d. is about 2.67".

Is there anywhere online where I could order these from as it seems a bit difficult to find this size at the local bearing shops?

Yep, there is an inner bearing and a grease seal. NAPA actually has these parts. If you don't do any good there, I can look them up on line for you, just let me know.

Don

Thanks Don.

I asked the same question on another forumn too and got the following info there:
According to the International Seal Interchange book 48-1190 crosses to:C/R-15730,15735; National-40751,5796; and Victor-49187.
It is ISI group 61611, 1.563" ID, 2.686" OD, .375" wide.

It seems I might get it locally on the National part numbers. I just got irritated with the sales person I spoke to on the phone now as it felt like he was interrogating me and not listening to the what I was trying to tell him. The more I was trying to give him part numbers the more he wanted to know if I tried other places, then he wanted to know where I got the part numbers from and then suddenly what the dimensions must be while I'm trying to give it to him. He took my number and said he'll call me back but I'm not holding my breath. I'll call some of the other bearing and seals suppliers also. Maybe I can speak to a more patient sales person.

I managed to find a local equivalent but the shop can only have it in on Monday but that's cool. At least they could help. Will report back with the make and part # for your reference when I have it.

Glad you found it Neophyte. I will post the brand and part number of the seals I used after I go to my shop Saturday night. I have the packaging they came in at my shop. I always save that stuff for future reference.

Latest posts

Back