Ford truck front drum questions

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madog

Ok, my dad said he had some 53 Truck Brakes off his 40 ford that would most likely work on the A model project. Had to mod the tops of the 37-41 spindles to allow room for the wheel cylinders (new)..Done. New Hoses...Done.... The bearings all look great, cleaned...Done. Hears where it gets interesing. The drums looked good but needed turned. Got to the shop and they're out of round. Had to cut them 60 Thousands to get them smooth. Still look like there going to be out of balance.

Questions... Is the 53 ford truck brake set-up going to work? Are the drums and hub one unit or 2 piece? Reason i ask is it appears they are one unit. Does anyone know a low cost source to get a set of these or what might fit the backing plates and spindles so I can get on with my Cat Killer Project? Thanks all

I have f-100 brakes off a 54 truck that I'm going to use on my project and the drums and hubs are separate pieces. You can buy new drums at most auto parts stores, up to a 66 ford f-100 will work. The hubs are not reproduced so you need to have good hubs and just install new races and bearings.

Latest posts

Back