Found me some tin...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EastCoastKrawler

Everything is easy to scrounge up around here...motors, frames, axles....bodies are almost nonexistant at a REASONABLE price. I've seen cheap (workmanship) fiberglass T tubs for $2800, a rusted '30 dodge coupe shell for $3000 and numerous other overpriced piles.

I recently put the word out for an "old car or truck, 1930's style" and lucked out...

A buddy of mine has these on his family's land in the country, they were once old logging trucks. A tree landed on the red truck smashing the cab. The black one looks like a '33 chevy passenger car cut down into a truck cab.

He said I can come get them for the scrap metal value...I have a strong feeling these are gonna follow me home in the springtime :D

The black one will be sweet patched up (a lot of welding and bracing) with a Chevy inline 6 and manual trans. The red truck will probably be parted out.

This stuff is still out there. Enjoy the pics he sent me!

Ken

Attachments

• DSC01078.JPG
    DSC01078.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC01077.JPG
    DSC01077.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC01076.JPG
    DSC01076.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC01080.JPG
    DSC01080.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 24
Nice find man:) the truck that the tree smashed you could make into a roadster pickup.:D Doug

I thought of that as well but it depends how bad the floor and the rest of it is. I'm not a huge fan of RPU's although there are a bunch out there that are really well done (factory and rod)! I like a roof on a truck, might be due to our winters up here ;)

And cycledog....me too I like it, and I thought the same thing about the wood.

I'll keep u guys posted and take more pics when I go to see them soon albeit they wont follow me home until the snow is gone.

Ken

East coast are you going to p/u the 33 I could use some parts for my 34 Chev. And im not that far from you Im just north of Cornwall Ont and could really use some parts if you arnt interested the vin tag would be kool.

Latest posts

Back