Found more pics of Dad's rods in the 60's

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TubularFab

Ok, I finally found the scans I had done in the 90's of slides of my dad's rods in the 1960's. While he was driving the '34 roadster he was also working on a truck as well.

Here is the '34 (better scan this time!):

34ford.jpg

(and it's someone other than him in the pic - he doesn't remember who)

34ROAD.jpg

Hard to get more grassroots than sitting in the grass working on your hotrod:

dadand34.jpg

dadand342.jpg

Can anyone ID this engine? All dad remembers is that it was a Lincoln:

rodengine.jpg

The truck enters here:

dadandrods1.jpg

34andtruck.jpg

rodtruck.jpg

Very neat old pictures, thanks for posting them. I wish all of us had been more camera saavy back then. All I owned was a Polaroid and the film was too expensive to waste on taking pictures of our cars. Plus, they turned brown after a few years.

Don

You have a cool dad. Mine likes old cars but can't do much more than change oil and never had a real hotrod after he bought a '56 Chevy new. He actuallly has a picture of it I wish I had. He had it customized by running 2 pieces of the rear trim and made it look like a '57 and painted that area gold (where the Belair aluminum inserts went in the '57) . Neat car. I love your pics, thanks for posting.

I love those pictures. We had a few of those in my neck of the woods back in the mid 1960's. I often wonder if all those old hot rods got turned into those ultra-shiney, ultra expensive billet street rodder types.(yeck) That old Ford truck is about as good as it gets in my book. I bet it was loud, bet it had a few leaks too. probably didnt ride well either...bet is was fun to drive tho...thanks for sharing.

Latest posts

Back