frame help

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stud 50

I have been lookin around for different frames and my cousin has a s-10 for sale pretty cheap, and I'm wondering what year everybody uses for their builds

A lot of guys on this forum build their own frames. If this is for your Stude, measure what the track width of the front is, then find something that is close. Use that front clip on a home built frame.

If you're building a 50 Stude car just use the frame you have they are plenty stout. Mine has the Fatman Mustang II front clip. If you're building a truck their frames are strong enough for a V8. too.

014-1.jpg

Is there a PLOT happening that I'm missing??? Question was vague but out of line??? Not sure...

The OP asked the question. Some spammer posted in there, is what the remarks were aimed at, NOT the OP. The spam was removed, so it doesnt make a lot of sense now. Hope that helps

NOPE....but that's ok....as long as the right people

The OP asked the question. Some spammer posted in there, is what the remarks were aimed at, NOT the OP. The spam was removed, so it doesnt make a lot of sense now. Hope that helps

Know what the heck your talkin about...LOL.....so there was something else in the message that came with the post....So is Stud 50 a spammer or did something get dragged in with the question?? Sorry, I'm no techno geek so this stuff is a bit foreign to me...if it's too technical....I'll be happy with "it's fixed".....lol

stud 50 is clean.

A spammer replied to this thread... said spammer was quickly smote into space dust along with his comments.

"Clearance, Clarence".

"Roger, Roger".

Runway is clear, Sarge. Throttle up and take off at your leisure...

November 7124 Echo departing 22 right....lol

stud 50 is clean.

A spammer replied to this thread... said spammer was quickly smote into space dust along with his comments.

"Clearance, Clarence".

"Roger, Roger".

Runway is clear, Sarge. Throttle up and take off at your leisure...

Just watched Airplane the other day.....still find that movie extremely funny...[cl....of course we know I have a warped sense of humor....DON"T WE!!

By the way..Doc...the eagle should land today.....

or tomorrow.....from what I calculate.....I am awaiting the show....;)

I have been lookin around for different frames and my cousin has a s-10 for sale pretty cheap, and I'm wondering what year everybody uses for their builds

Any year of S-10, it doesn't matter. The biggest thing is to make sure the wheelbase is right. The regular cab longbox S-10 is a 117" Wheelbase and is right for mos regular cab shortbox vintage trucks.

Any year of S-10, it doesn't matter. The biggest thing is to make sure the wheelbase is right. The regular cab longbox S-10 is a 117" Wheelbase and is right for mos regular cab shortbox vintage trucks.
I am using a short box regular cab frame under my 38, but I want a shorter bed. between pushing the cab back enough to align the front fenders over the wheels, and clipping off the frame head to get it shorter than the nose, it is coming out pretty short all around.

The one thing that seems to be the shortest is the ammount of time I spend in the shop lately. [S

hey...Im runnin a 95 gmc senoma..46 chevy truck cab...all I can say is measure measure ....so on..havn lil problems here n there..but can be fixed..Just my thought is get as new as you can for as cheep as ya can... as long as wheel base is correct for your application . s10 s15 gmc senoma ya can get any thing for em..lowering kits v6 to v8 swap..and so on.. good luck to ya....n GOD BLESS!

Not sure what year they started but the newer stuff has the antilock brakes and stuff that the older ones dont to simplify things.

Latest posts

Back