frame plans

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speedypete

does anyone know were I can get plans to build a 2x4 frame for a 30-36 pick-up(ford)
I do not have a body yet but i am working on it.
[;)

I dont think there is any such plans. Having the cab and a tape measure is going to be your best bet. Figure out a wheel base and stick to it.

Ya exactly what he said. Once you get your cab tape measure in hand start measuring it up and draw it up on paper befor you cut any metal.[S

There are a LOT of variables that go into building a frame for any vehicle. Body, wheelbase, suspension setup, wheels & tires, etc. All of these must be decided before building a chassis, or you are shooting in the dark. Get yourself a body and a solid build plan, then go from there...

i agree with the above posts and would also like to add that you can do your first frame mock-up in wood
cutting and screwing 2x4 wood together is easier&quicker and then you not only have a visual reference to see if it looks right, but you also get "patterns" for cutting the steel

does anyone know were I can get plans to build a 2x4 frame for a 30-36 pick-up(ford) I do not have a body yet but i am working on it.

Pete,
You might wanna ck in on some of Donsrods builds. He typically builds a wood 2x4 frame to make sure it all works out B4 committing to steel!

BoB

frame

Thanks alot guys this is going to be my first project car
I have done alot of motors and rear ends for other guys around where I live
Thought it was time I build my own.

Latest posts

Back