frame question

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mustang II is about the only way to have IFS with stock frame .you have to weld in the cross member and shock towers.then just bolt on easy to find M II parts.by the way I used the plans from rod plans.and bought the steel pieces from Texas speed.

Attachments

• 40 217.jpg
    40 217.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 16
That might be what I have to do. Maybe eventually get the IFS. Would it ride pretty good on highway? I also want to lower the truck and I've heard that taking some of the leaf springs out would do it but nobody I know seems to know how many would do it or how far it would drop it any suggestions on this?
by the time you pay lower the strait axle rebuild the shackles,springs rework the steering and add disc brakes you are going to have almost as much money in it as a MII would cost ,and it will Never ride and drive as well as a mustang II IFS. just about the same to scab on a camaro stub once you rebuild the brakes and bushing and balljoints or what ever else it may need.not to mention you will need to fab up mounts for the radiator and front sheet metal. do some research into all of these options and make sure you understand what all goes into it before you decide what best fits .

Last edited:
Hey, isn't the front end under your car what they used for the first Corvettes?
If so, I'm sure you could get what new parts you need from a Corvette site.

Get your rod up and running with what you have and what it needs, Make it safe to drive. As your skill level rises and you find out just what it is you really like and need make your plan and start saving some money for your next modification. DON'T TRY TO DO IT ALL AT ONCE! That's what stalls more new guys and than they give up!

Latest posts

Back