Frame up

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

super56

Anyone know if a 64 Buick Electra chassis would fit nicely under a 56 Buick Super. Found an Electra that might have a bigger motor and the 400 trans to replace the 322 and the tired Dynaflow. I did a little research and the Electra's wheelbase is 1 inch longer. Other than that I have no idea.

Thanks

Get your trusty tape measurer out [cl

X's 2
Length is not the only issue to be considered. You also need to look at track width as well as the general horizontal plane of the newer frame.(Is it flatter,swamped, perimiter or x-style,Ect.)
I would start by looking for the stats for the 64 Electra and since you have the 56 you can see how they would line up.
64 Electra's were a damnbig car.
Google is your friend when it comes to this stuff. I just googled 1964 Buick Electra specifications and there is a ton of hits. Just takes time to sort thru them.
Another trick that I use is to go to e-bay and look at the for sale cars that match what you are looking at. Many times the sellers will post some very detailed pics of the undercarrigaes to show condition. You can get an idea about the frame shape this way. Good luck.
Torchie.

I don't think so. As cars got newer they got longer and wider. Plus, GM went to an X frame in the mid 60's on a lot of their cars so the frame is probably a different shape than your old one.

I could be wrong on all of that, but I think not.

Don

Somewhere I have a book with gm frame specs in it. If I have time I will try to dig it out and see how different they are.

Latest posts

Back