Frame

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hackalar

Can someone share thier measurements of a double z'ed frame for a 1929 tudor. i want it lowwww. using 2x4 tubing with a 1935 car front end with split wishbone.

Please help, completely new to this.

Bobby Beard
[email protected]

Hey Bobby,
I have a 29 tudor that is low low low!
Your frame dimenions will be determined by several things.
Your engine that you are useing,tire /wheel height combo,axle set up(suicide or other)spring rate, ect.
I suggest you set the car body up at the height you want it and "build" you a mock up frame from wood 2x4's to find the length/height of the real frame measurements with all main components and record those measurements.Remember that everything will be quite a bit lower once all the weight of everything is in so ajust with where the springs mount.Setting the body higher than you want is better than too low and work from there!
Hope this helps?
Tim

b.jpg

Sometimes you do a mock up with anything you have laying around! This is a very preliminary layout of my Grandson's '38 GMC. Cardboard wheels, metal storage cabinet for the box, etc. It helped Zach make decisions on wheelbase, box length, etc.

Is this low enough? I'd take some measurements for you, but my Kid cut it all up with a sawzall and started over. Maybe the pictures will give you some idea though.

Don

Attachments

• dans fordor outside rear shot.jpg
    dans fordor outside rear shot.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 64
  • dans fordor side view.jpg
    dans fordor side view.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 67
  • dans frame good side shot.jpg
    dans frame good side shot.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 108
  • dans frame front view.jpg