Fred and a rookie cop

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TIMOTHALE

I was in Calif Bay area last month, took in the Model T speedster run, Then stopped by to see an old friend. He knew I was into old cars so said lets go see his buddies projects. When we pulled up to the house I saw a rusty T touring up the street. He said that looks like Fred is here too. After looking at a T coupe and 28 Chevy he was doing a museum quality restoration in the shop, we went into the back yard and He introduced me to Fred. He had a beard down to his waist and hair just as long. He said "just because I have long hair and live in the mountains I AM NOT A OLD HIPPY" . i said lets go see what you are driving. He said he bought all the tin for a 20 Model T touring for $ 200 and a running 86 Mazda B 2200 pickup for another $ 300. He said the mazda has a torsion bar front suspension so the T fenders fit without having to cut holes for coil springs, He ordered a new aluminum raadiator to fit under the stock grill shell and had to move it foreward 6 inches to clear the mazda fan.
Now the Story
He said he didn't do wood work so he bent up some old barn tin roofing and tacked up inside to hold the body together. the rear doors were laying in the back seat . he hadn't got to them yet. them said he was in a gas station in Morgan Hill Calif when a Rookie cop pulled in behind him hit the siren so everybody would look then turned on the lights. The cop said 'I'am pulling you over and that thing is not safe to be on the road and he was going to impound it". Fred said you are not going to do any such thing and you didn't pull me over. I was in here gassing up. The cop called for backup and they kept arguing. Fred said "this is a 1920 Ford and only has to have equipment required in 1920 except has to have a brake lite and mirror. But I have added 2 brake lites and turn signals. The Cop again said this is not safe and grabbed the quarter above the rear tire and started shaking the car. Fred yelled you have just woke up my burglar alarm as a bunch of angry hornets swarmed out and started stinging the cop. Fred said you must taste pretty good because they are still chewing on you. You are going to make me late to work cause I have to wait until they calm down and go back to their nest.
Just then the older back up cop showed up and said "HI Fred whats going on."

Attachments

• RAT T F.jpg
    RAT T F.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 61
  • RAT T R.jpg
    RAT T R.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 57
I've always hate it when Police offices use the word "Safety" when they are fishing for a ticket to write.

I'd honestly have more respect if I was pulled over and the officer said: "Listen man, the city counsel is on the Chief's butt to generate more revenue, nothing personal dude. Just pulling you over to fish for a ticket. Sure it's BS, but I need my job."

I've always hate it when Police offices use the word "Safety" when they are fishing for a ticket to write.

I'd honestly have more respect if I was pulled over and the officer said: "Listen man, the city counsel is on the Chief's butt to generate more revenue, nothing personal dude. Just pulling you over to fish for a ticket. Sure it's BS, but I need my job."

Honesty from a city official? What a novel concept! Much needed. :)

I gotta find a hornets nest to hang on my rat...;)

What a great story! Hahahahahahahaha.....

Latest posts

Back