FREE!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

52 fordman

Well my luck has changed! We were at a friends house for the afternoon and talking trucks and rat rods ect... when my best freinds dad tells me to come get the 66 chevy fleet side truck out of his garage. BUT i have to take all the trash in it on and around it too. So good score. And now how is this good luck you ask? Well back in late november i almost lost the the hole lot house garage tools and me! Sold the 52 and every thing i could to keep from being homeless. So since then i have been slowly gaining ground and looking for a new truck.

Just didn't think i would be getting it for free. Now pops had know idea of the hard times i had and still does not know. So its a great day he will get his garage cleaned out in about 2 months and i get the truck.

:D:D 52 fordman :D:D

Very good! congrats. Can't beat a freebie, especially when it's a whole vehicle. Also good to hear things are getting better overall.

congrats on a freebie--sounds like a pretty good deal!

and liek others have said-only one way to go after ya hit bottom & that is up...

BTW why has no one else asked for pics?[S[S

Wish I had my freebie still

Back in 79 when I was still a young pup and knew almost
nothing about cars I got a 56 Chrysler Windsor for cleaning
out a guys garage.
The inside was mint and it had a huge tube radio that I would
hook a battery to and fire it up.
The head was gone and the pistons locked up and no
master cylinder, I was about to move so I ...

sold it to the junkman for $50.

It would have been a real nice ride by now.

Good luck with the new build, slap a "before" picture
up when you can.

66 Chevy

Well went to see the C10 today finally! It is in better shape then i was lead to beleive. Has the normal rust areas. The motor was run 2 years ago but they dont remember how well. So here are some pics.

DSCF6246.JPG

DSCF6240.JPG

DSCF6249.JPG

DSCF6247.JPG

DSCF6254.JPG

DSCF6255.JPG

DSCF6261.JPG

DSCF6262.JPG

DSCF6257.JPG

I've seen a lot worse.....

Looks darned good....wonder if the spider is happy about the potential move?? Looks like he made quite a home in that oil filler/breather cap...lol:eek:

Free

Thanks every one. Well today i had some time and went out to the 66. Took the wheels and rotted tires off, took the carb off and covered the intake, pulled the plugs..... So all the plugs have a good amount of carbon on them but one! one plug has rust on the end of it. So we put a few onces of mystry marvel oil into each hole and let it sit.
Any one have any thought of what it might do or not do? Rusted solid?? One bad cyclinder? busted ring or piston?????? [S

Let me know what your ideas are and what i should do. And no i am not giving it away . haha

Thanks
52 fordman

Did you try and turn it over by hand? If not thats what I would do. If you did and it wouldn't turn, let it sit with the oil, and try it once in a while!!

Latest posts

Back