French Lake Auto Parts "Junktown USA"

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob w

Still crazy after all these years!
FrenchLake006.jpg

Went to French Lale Auto Parts near Annandale, MN yesterday. Hadn't been there in about 40 years. There's still lots of old cars and parts available. Floyd, the owner had the wisdom to not crush the old stuff. This '35 Plymmie is in very nice shape. $600.

FrenchLake003.jpg

My friend Jim, from Atlanta is visiting. He needed some parts for the '53 Willys Aero sedan gasser he is building. We found 5 sedans like the one pictured and Jim got the parts he needed.
Note the pile of early Ford banjo rear ends.

FrenchLake004.jpg

French Lake is a big, active yard with 4 or 5 counter men. But there are hundreds of bodies and parts from the 20's, 30's 40's & 50's. Lots of old hot rodder guys were wandering the yard with small tool kits looking for parts, or just recalling how it used to be...

FrenchLake001.jpg

The buses contain thousands of small parts like carbs, heaters, instruments, etc. for very old cars.
All the employees are friendly and helpful, but give you the freedom to roam, all day if you want. Prices are reasonable.
French Lake has a full page ad in Rat Rod Magazine, which is nice of them to help a newly launched publication.
If you visit Minnesota, try to set aside a day to visit "Junktown USA"

some good looking projects in there.. what is pic #2? the hood is quite unique

Awesome! Thanks for the photos Bob W. Living in the land of "no old cars" it's almost hard for me to fathom that places like this are still around.

Spent the day at French Lake auto parts. Got these really cool headlights for the Reo. Also got a Hupmobile radiator shell to go with the Hupmobile cowl I have. Got a wood steering wheel on a very tight steering box (the column has some neat levers on it), a tractor gas tank, some tail lights and other small items.

And this Plymouth tube axle, complete and in good condition.

The weather was beautiful too. Best day I've had in a while.

Latest posts

Back