Fresh Face from Western NY

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat_Coon

Hey all,

Just joined your ranks today and thought I'd give a quick intro.

I'm 19, and a broke college student. I'm looking like crazy around here for a cheap project truck to buy so that I can learn first hand how to do a chop, perhaps a section, channeling, leading, and so on. Anything before around 1970 is of interest to me. Living in the Northeast, the salt gets to many an old piece of iron before someone can come along and restore it.

I have Lyme Disease, and am an aspiring novel writer. I'm not really that interesting, and so I'll keep this post succinct. Thanks for the great site, I'm still looking around. I do ask that you take it easy on me, and brace yourself for some stupid questions along the way.

Have a good one!

"Before around 1970" sounds like an old truck when you are 19. I hope you find the one you are looking for. We like questions, that is the way everybody learns. Welcome to the site.

Thanks for the welcomes!

Bonehead: haha yeah you're right. Ideally I'd find something before 1967 or so since after that the trucks tended to get too boxy for my taste. In other words, the older the better but 67 is my personal cut off. ;)

Welcome aboard!

I may have my '39 chevy pickup cab for sale shortly. I will know for sure in about 2 weeks. You've got first dibs if you're interested. I may even be able to deliver because I should be headed to Long Island. :cool:

1-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back