From an Oregon rat

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boomer

Hey ya'll! Boomer here from the wetlands of Oregon. if ya didn't know a boomer is a big ole' bob tail rat that lives in the woods up here and the name of the big diesel rat I am starting in spring. I gathered up an old split window (dodge?) farm truck for the cab and am using an 84 ford P/U for a donor. Have not even really looked up close at the cab but drove by it for 20yrs sitting in my old neighbors field. Called him up and can have it for hauling it!.[cl
Boomer is my first ratty but my umpteenth build. I am all giddy about the big turbo cummins I have stacked in the shop along with the Alcoa truck wheels. I sure look forward to learning from ya'll the insider tricks to really getting the ratty feel and almost out of control performance on the ground.
So thanks for opening the door and letting in a soakin wet Oregon rat inside.
Cheers!
Boomer

Welcome

howdy from just north of ya...............

yep, gotta have some pics,,,,

make sure and start a build thread so we can follow along.

Later :cool:

Last edited:
found this pic it is the cab I am going to go get in a couple weeks. Any one know what breed it is? I keep wanting to say dodge but not to clear on what "other" brands were out back then. The whole front end of the truck is intact the back is a flatbed, my neighbor says almost no dents or rust holes.
1zmnvde.jpg

Howdy from Portlands west side. Can't wait to see some black smoke pouring out of your Rat! Maybe you'll make it to the Beach's cruize!

Kurt

Latest posts

Back