front cross member tube question

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBailey

Hi guys, I'm gonna run a suicide front suspension and have been looking for DOM for my front cross member. I found some on craigslist, $15 for an 8 ft stick of .140 wall 2.5od and didn't know if that would be a heavy enough wall. If it isn't I also found some 2.75 od with a 3/8" wall that's 50" long for $20. Both of these are way cheaper then the local steel supply that wants $89 for a 3 ft piece of 3"od with a 3/16 wall.

So I was just curious if a .140" wall was heavy enough or should I just get the 3/8" wall tube? Thanks for the help guys!

We build a lot of T Bucket frames. 14 of them so far this year. We use 2.5" pipe. The pipe has an inside diameter of 2.5" but the OD is 2.89" and is a lot easier to find than tubing and a lot less expensive too. It comes uncoated, as well as coated and galvanized, you want the uncoated.

We build a lot of T Bucket frames. 14 of them so far this year. We use 2.5" pipe. The pipe has an inside diameter of 2.5" but the OD is 2.89" and is a lot easier to find than tubing and a lot less expensive too. It comes uncoated, as well as coated and galvanized, you want the uncoated.

Would that be schedule 80 pipe then?

Latest posts

Back