front disc brakes on my 27 bucket

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jawman

I got a 27 T bucket project with a 4 or 6'' tube drop axle. I think it has early Chevy car spindles on it. at the moment there is no brake setup on there. there is hubs on the spindles with the small 5 Chevy bolt pattern. I would like disc brake on there. I was wondering if I could just leave the hub on there and put a rotor on the lugs and get a bracket and caliper or i need to find another setup to put on the spindles? I dont really want to take the spindles off because it looks like the top of the pins are mushroomed from trying to get them out before and they never come out easy. anything would help me out here. heres pics. thanks

Attachments

• IMGP1290.JPG
    IMGP1290.JPG
    128.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMGP1291.JPG
    IMGP1291.JPG
    132.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMGP1292.JPG
    IMGP1292.JPG
    162.2 KB · Views: 9
We have the brackets and adapter, no machining required. The kit is $75.00 then you supply the calipers and rotors from a GM mid size.

RPM I looked at your web sit and you have some decent prices and products it looks like. I see you have a complete disc brake kit for $249 does this set up come with everything needed and just needs to be installed with no modifying of any kind? OR for $75 I get everything in the kit except calipers and rotors. am I getting this info right? I just made the top half of the chevy motor mounts. for next time what do you get for just the top section and the rubber mount without the lower mount?

Yea I looked on my web site, I was going to post a pic for you, and you are right there is not one. Any way what you would get would be 2 caliper brackets. 4 small spacers for those brackets, and 2 bearing spacers. Then you can get all the big heavy stuff locally. Bearings, rotors, and calipers, etc. It will all bolt right on and no machine work to do to the spindles, no need to even take the spindles off the axle.

The cushions are $24 for the pair and the frame brackets are $10.00 each.

GMbrakeadapters.jpg

Last edited:
I will hold on to this info and after I buy my motor, trans, steering column, and a few other things I will see what my budget is and let you know when I want the bracket kit.

Latest posts

Back