Front frame z question

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtech

I'm looking ofr examples of front frame Z's, like how much etcand what type of front end are you using?(spring behind, semi eliptical, quarter eliptical etc.) I am doing a '17 Dodge Brothers, front half of a touring car as a roadster, oh and I am gonna bag the front and rear to lay frame.

If you use bags, why do you need to know about springs? [S

If you want it to lay frame, the dimensions are easy. Set up your front end height at what will be its lowest, place your rails on the ground, weld. Or shoot for a ride height of 4" or so and make sure the suspension will travel enough to slam.

I've looked a a couple that have springs in the front still, some don't depends on bags and if using a panhard bar etc. I'm just looking for some examples for looks, the others I have bagged and done have been other peoples designs. the layout is simple but trying to find a look I like is the hard part and I dont want to build then change.

Zed front

1950 f-1 frame zed in front. Cab drops 6 inches . Cut frame at 45 degrees . So as cab drops 6 inches front was pulled fears 6 inches. Used 2x4 then boxed in frame on both sides. Frame also has 12 inch steep notch in rear. I'm just learning how to use the web and I'm not sure how to post pictures but I'll keep trying . .

Latest posts

Back