Front wheels/tires ??

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akzale

Just wondering if anyone out there has ever thought of using the wheels from those useless space saving spare tires? Thought about trying to get some real tires on them and use them on the front of my T! Want to go with painted steel wheels and came up with that idea, but have never seen them used. Can anyone tell if they are designed/rated for normal highway use?

Just wondering if anyone out there has ever thought of using the wheels from those useless space saving spare tires? Thought about trying to get some real tires on them and use them on the front of my T! Want to go with painted steel wheels and came up with that idea, but have never seen them used. Can anyone tell if they are designed/rated for normal highway use?

I have mid 60's ford van 16 "space savers on my truck . 550 bias ply tires been running fine for 7 years . Some times run mid 60's chevy van 18" space savers on the rear Ditto on no problems . We did beef up the welds a bit . Pic is front wheel

Attachments

• 10 23 09 014.jpg
    10 23 09 014.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 12
welcome to rrr. i know people have used the gm wheels with 165 15 tires on their drag cars for awhile now.

Latest posts

Back