Frozen In Minnesota

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob w

Still crazy after all these years!
Just wandered over here from that "hokey" site where I spend some time. I built my first rod in 1958, a '31 A pick up. First I installed a flathead, then a 303 Olds, then a 265sbc. Have had my Anglia for 30 years. I retired 10 years ago and have built at least one rod a year since. Currently building 2, one with my 17 year old grandson and another with an old high school friend (class of '58). I do a little nostalgia drag racing too. Two members of this site recommended it because of the policies here that keep it cordial; something that is missing at that "other" site.

Welcome to the site. Glad you found us.Thats great you're able to build a rod with your grandson and your pal from high school. 50 years later and you guys are still pal'in around and workin on cars. Post some pics of the projects when you can.

Welcome to RRR bob w. Glad to have you. I'm one of the guys who invited you over. Do you have any pics of your Anglia or other cars that you can share?. I've got one (Anglia) too.

Welcome Bob!

Bob,
Glad u found us & welcome to the lite side. It's about the cars & we like to keep it that way. Doin' a build with u're grandson is a great way to pass the hot rod way on to the next gen & make some great memories together. I love the time I spent with my Dad turnin' the wrench. We definitely wanna see what u're up to so make u're self @ home & feel free to join rat in!!!

BoB

Welcome Bob.

"Frozen In Minnesota" got my attention. Its been cold here in Southern California with temps droping to the low 40's.:eek: It makes me want to stay home. I always think of you hotrod guys in REALY cold locations and wonder how you do it. So just know, I'm thinking of you today, ..... in a tee shirt.:D

Love to see some pics from such a dedicated builder as yourself.

Welcome aboard Bob.
That was cool to hear that you still building Hotrods with a highschool Buddy from the class of 58. That is the sign of true friendship right there.

Glad to have you here.

Guys, thanks for the nice reception. One of the benefits of working with my grandson is he helps me with this computer stuff. He just taught me how to post pictures, tho' with dial-up it's a bit slow. I teach him how to weld, he teaches me how to dance around the keyboard. Two winners in the deal! To the two guys that suggested RRR, thankyou. The build with my high school budy is kinda interesting so after I get my feet wet reading all the intersting material on RRR, I'll try to make a contribution.

Latest posts

Back