fuel injectors !!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remove them from the engine. Make up a wiring harness to connect to a battery. Connect injector to battery (Only a very short period--Dont leave it on). Use brake cleaner or carb cleaner and spray thru injector backwards and then blow out with shop air. After that blow some lightweight oil thru to keep injector from sticking. Best to use a 9 volt battery so the solenoid doesnt get burnt up but I used a 12 volt lawn mower battery cause it was sitting beside me.
I always done this on the injectors in my sprint car that I ran on alcohol and it worked great. I guess if the injector is bad it would not open or could be clogged really bad. I do know if you are running alcohol you have to take the screen out otherwise they plug easy. I just ran a good filter before the pump.

I assume you are talking about electronic injectors

Remove them from the engine. Make up a wiring harness to connect to a battery. Connect injector to battery (Only a very short period--Dont leave it on). Use brake cleaner or carb cleaner and spray thru injector backwards and then blow out with shop air. After that blow some lightweight oil thru to keep injector from sticking. Best to use a 9 volt battery so the solenoid doesnt get burnt up but I used a 12 volt lawn mower battery cause it was sitting beside me.
I always done this on the injectors in my sprint car that I ran on alcohol and it worked great. I guess if the injector is bad it would not open or could be clogged really bad. I do know if you are running alcohol you have to take the screen out otherwise they plug easy. I just ran a good filter before the pump.

I assume you are talking about electronic injectors

yes - and thanks - i got a new test light today bc i responsibly left my old one outside on the ground and what do you know - doesnt work anymore --
so im going to first make sure theyre getting the pulse theyre supposed to but i have a feeling its going to be theyre just clogged... i lucked out and theyre only 50 dollars a piece (way cheaper than other vehicles) but brake/carb cleaner is way cheaper if it works : /

changed the oil, and checked all the fluids and greased up both of our "daily drivers today" after taking the kiddos to the church fall festival -- tomorrow my mother turns 50 -- man im worn out --

Just curious-what kind of sprint car runs electronic injectors?

This kind. Sorry for the big pic. Had it on Photo bucket account

hpqscan0001.jpg

Great!! Glad to help. And I have been there and done that but that was in my old car. This pic was taken while I was coming off the corner, sideways, front end up at about 50 mph!! Wild little ride indeed!! Straightaway speeds around 80. Just sold this one not long ago.

Latest posts

Back