Full fenders or no fenders daily driver

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikec4193

HI Everyone

So as my build continues I have been having moments contemplating my future with this whole rat rod thing. I love the way these cars look and some of the stuff on here is just unbelievable. I love the old school look and the low crusty rusty patina with the bias ply wide white walls just looks great too but.
But like I said they look great....but from a practical stand point I work 2 jobs and have been since 1981 so my time is very very limited (no time for car shows or rat rod meets). So what I am thinking is how practical are these open wheel car/trucks with super low stances /radical suspensions/ chopped tops etc etc.....can you really use these vehicles for anything more than a car show toy?? Dont forget I live in upstate NY...we have 6 monthes of winter and then 5 monthes of rain after that...

I am actually thinking about selling or trading for a smelly old full fender vehicle/truck. Something more weather friendly. A "Tow Mater" type truck would be cool. Sanford and Son would be nice too.

Any insight would be great appreciated.
MikeC

you need something that is useable in the real world.
get one with some clearance ,a heater and enough room to put stuff in.
BTW
i am taking my 27 pickup to work today
i have 6 1/2 inches of clearance
and
it is 17f outside right now.

My $.02 is to build something YOU want and is usable in your life. My driver on a pretty much daily basis is a 29 model A sedan. I am in OK and it is around 22 degrees this morning and I am toasty and lovin' it. I believe a Rat rod is to be functional first and foremost. Again, just my $.02.:cool:

I see your in upstate N.Y. you get the same weather as I do but you get lake affect snow. I would run fenders as I like driving more than cleaning and road spray gets every where.

i assume your talkin about the jeep truck ?

debac5454f.jpg

and who says you have to make a bobber out of it ?
JeepPU004-1.jpg

And if you like the tow truck look go for it.
P06885.jpg

Its your truck, build it the way you want.

Latest posts

Back