fun guess? Weight question??

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratrodney

Hey all.

Just throwin a question up to ya. Got my 54 international in the build and im wondering wat yer guesses are on its finished weight??
Heres the specs.
54ih cab chopped 7 inches
blown sbc, alluminum heads
turbo 350 tranny
custom 2x6 frame about 10-12 feet long
drop axle front end
14 bolt chevy dually rear end
4-11x22.5 inch semi tires on steel rims
no bed or fenders but running hood
12 foot wheelbase
xtras are 4 bag air ride, dual stack pipes, alluminum or metal looking 5th wheel for fuel tank.
Im curious to see if yer guess is close to mine. Dont look at the next persons guess and lets see how close everyone is.:D

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 37
I can't see it being anywhere near that light. A t bucket typically goes 1800-2000 and he sure has a lot more steel in it than they do. I would bet with that rear end, large rear front and rear tires/wheels, full truck cab, 10-12 feet of 2 x 6 tubing frame, and all that, he comes in at at least 2400 and maybe even 2600.

I had a stripped out 68 Mustang drag car with aluminum interior and it went 2800........and it had only the bare essentials left when I was done.

No, I'm going right down the middle at 2500.

Don

I think 1575 lbs is very very optimistic.

That rearend alone is probably close to 1000 lbs. A 14 bolt weighs about 600 lbs by itself. Add the weight of 4 huge tires on top of that. The engine, blower and transmission package (with fluids) is probably another 800 lbs or so. Add the front axle, cab, hood, radiator, suspension, frame and other parts and you'll be closer to 3,000 lbs.

I was thinkin' an even ton, but these guys have a point - that super size drive line weight adds up quick.

Are the air bags full or empty? :p

2,950.0 lbs
[S

Would just like to say I clicked straight here and did not even look at any other guess's!!!
Went back and looked before writing this, wow we're all pretty close to the same!!

I'd say....hmmm...221.4 stone...give or take a few pebbles.

(I just spent some time listening to Flogging Molly & The Pogues)

Latest posts

Back