Garage door opener

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YBeNormal

Can anyone recommend a good garage door opener?

For some reason the last 2 days when I get home from work my garage door is wide open thought maybe the keypad was screwed up so I pulled the battery and then open today when I got home. But if I'm here it doesn't open on its own. Weird. So now it's unplugged. If it opens now I give up. Lol:D

Even though they have a ton of code combinations, it sounds like someone near you may have the same code. I've had good luck with Craftsman openers. The one that came with our house lasted 14 years. Having a door that opens arbitrarily would be pretty spooky though! [S

I've heard that thieves will drive down streets with some device that puts out signals to garage doors and they keep trying different ones until they get a hit. You could have that going on, or someone near you has a similar unit and they are triggering yours.

I also had a Sears unit on my house and never had any problems with it like that. I did have to tighten stuff up now and then, but no strange openings.

Don

I do this for a living. Its called phantom operation. There are a few causes for it. First, the wires on the back may be touching. that will short out the pushbutton and open it. Second, Wires behind the pushbutton shorting. Third, neighbor on your frequency. That is a simple reprogram. And the final one is a bad circuit board. That one is expensive. Its cheaper to buy a craftsman or chamberlain from Lowes. (anything made by Chamberlain is a great opener.) Avoid Genie like the plague. Genie is manufactured by 2 different companies and the parts dont mix.

Lowesis who I have to go through. Their chamberlines are all chain drive including a diamond plate one (really cool)

The only direct drive they have is sommer brand. Is that any good?

Latest posts

Back