Garage tip - extra room

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure beats my system.:D

Attachments

• car elevator.jpg
    car elevator.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 50
Alright!!! I want to know who sneaked onto Gastricks property and took those photos WITHOUT HIS PERMISSION!!!! :eek::D:D

Wow, is that cool. Great way to get away from the Mrs too. Just don't tell her about this room being there and you could hide in there for days at a time. :D

Some people sure do have lots of money, don't they? Thanks for posting.

Don

cant do utube

Could someone please tell me in100 words or less what you are seeing on u tube. I could sure use some more space.LFE

Could someone please tell me in100 words or less what you are seeing on u tube. I could sure use some more space.LFE

Its a carport in the yard of an expensive home. You drive into the carport and your car goes down into the underground multi car garage. Lots of expensive cars down there (who cares) the cool thing is the car elevator that takes you down to the garage.

You wouldnt know it was there if you didnt see a car dropping down out of sight.

There. Less than 100 words. :D
Whats wrong with your yoututube, Freddie?

that was truely impressive. if i had all those cars i would park them in the drive way for all to see. he dose have gaurd dogs roamin around. now back to reality.

i wish i wish i wish i wish i wish

didn't work......i think at this point i'd settle for even a single car garage, the 10x12 garden shed is getting old :D

[
There. Less than 100 words. :DWhats wrong with your yoututube, Freddie?[/QUOTE] Nicely done , I have a slow computer and dial up it wont work for me . However if you have a solution for me use as many words as needed. on the basement concept Too late for me my last house is built and garage and carport are all ready built. Why couldnt you use a lift to be your elevator.Have it in the up position for parking you car on and for working under it -from the warm heated/AC basement , and when you let it down WaLA your in your basement Lift could also let you take heavy things not car related to the basement. A whole lot cheaper than building a seperate building the same size as your basement. Lets say the average basement is 26' x 40' for the price of a lift 2-3K you get a heated and AC 26x40 shop and vehicle storage area . Not every body can live in the country and store that I just had to have it old car that you find. Bring it home down on the lift and nobody knows you have a bunch of olt tin in your basement.I am so goofy that i now go out to the garage to sit by my truck and just watch TV.Imagine being down in your basement surrounded by your car stuff drinking your favorite adult beverage and just hanging out. Man o Man what possibilities.Part of the reason I am planing on staying in my present location is my garage,however using this lift concept a guy could liv any where and still have his car stuff.I gotta think more about this.

Saw one on the Today Show this morning. A quick shot of the car elevator. Orange County, I couldn't tell if it was the same one or not, but the house was for sale for $75,000,000.00

I would have used a 1 car garage. and never operate the lift with the door open. let the neighbors wonder WTF is goingon when ya drive in with one car and drive out with the other.

When money is available your options are only limited by your imagination. When I was a kid there was a doctor in a ritzi neighborhood who had a turn table in his garage -drove it in turned it on the table and drove it out dont remember much else about it.Rich people have all kinds of store bought/made for them things.LFE

Latest posts

Back