G'day from Downunder

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HALLnRODZ

G'day everyone, Andrew's my name. I've been around cars for years, grew up watching my Dad work on his, he was a Teacher, I went on to be a mechanic.
I've had a few note worthy cars. '62 S series Valiant, HK Monaro, HQ Monaro, Torana Hatchback SS, '54 Dodge pick up, '48 Chev sedan, '39 Willys ute are some of them. Current projects are '37 Willys sedan and '40 Ford pick up for me. '77 VW Kombi camper for the wife and our 9yo son has a '69 Beetle striped up like Herbie. Our 5 yo son hasn't decided what he want's yet!
Sunny S.E.Queensland is where we reside and I currently work in the Hydraulic industry, we supply Australia wide, mainly to resellers and mining.

Cheers
Andrew

Gus here, welcome to RRR... my wife's best friend lives there where u r, she lives near Queensland University on 9th street. Anyway welcome from New Mexico ... Post some pictures

Last edited:
G'day Gus, thanks for the welcome. If it's the University of Queensland at S Lucia, it's quite some distance from me, an hour and a half drive.We have quite a few U.Q's down here! I actually studied Law & Justice there in '09. We are located on Bribie Island, nearly at the foot of the Sunshine Coast. Is your wifes friend an Aussie or an American?

Cheers
Andrew

G'day Gus, thanks for the welcome. If it's the University of Queensland at S Lucia, it's quite some distance from me, an hour and a half drive.We have quite a few U.Q's down here! I actually studied Law & Justice there in '09. We are located on Bribie Island, nearly at the foot of the Sunshine Coast. Is your wifes friend an Aussie or an American?

Cheers
Andrew

She is American but has been there for 12 years and considers herself Aussie, yeah she is there by Saint Lucia, her son just started U,Q there at S Lucia he is a certified classical pianist and one heck of a gymnist Gram Johnson is his name.

Weclome!

Welcome to RRR! My cousin and his family currently reside in Canberra. I've always loved the Aussie cars - blame Mad Max.

440shorty

Attempt to post pics!

Moparcowboy, eyesore, 440shorty, Sam Fear and Stripnut, thanks for the greetings. I'm going to try and attach a pic of the Willys ute here as a trial run. If this works, I'll post more up. I'm pretty thick on computers, so please bear with me![S

Attachments

• 201199A.jpg
    201199A.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 21
Moparcowboy, eyesore, 440shorty, Sam Fear and Stripnut, thanks for the greetings. I'm going to try and attach a pic of the Willys ute here as a trial run. If this works, I'll post more up. I'm pretty thick on computers, so please bear with me![S

Maaaaan that is coooool! Diggin those headlights !

Keep your eye's peeled guys. That body, from the firewall back, ended up in the States after the guy who bought it off me bailed out of trying to make it into a coupe! I kept the FSM as he had 40 stuff to go on it. It was mangy black with flames, the firewall was gloss silver.

Cheers
Andrew

Latest posts

Back