Get u're crawdad on!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
Ok... WAY OT but last nite the wife & I & a few friends went out & got our crawdad on... ummm goooood!!! Too many brewski's though... sufferin' rat now! Anyone out there munch them ol mudbugs!?!?

BoB

I'd eat crawdads before steak nuffin better. Are you a true mud bug eater ? All the flavor is in the head to me its best part sucking the juice from the head . My lips are a raw for a couple days after eating them

I never have had them. I'm fairly adventurous food-wise, so I would try them. Are crawdads from any particular region of the US, like Texas, or other places too?

Don

Boy I cant think of anything better than sitting out on a nice summer day enjoying the sun,cold beer in hand,and a washtub of crawfish boiling,B.S. with freinds and familiy!!!Oh yeah dont forget the drawn butter.Oh By the way its not just a southern thing,In Upstate N.Y. we got to wait for the ice to melt:DAl

There was (is?) a minor league hockey team in Louisianna called the Mud Bugs. Now I know what they are. I used to suck the eyes and gills out of tiny sunfish in my sainted grandmother's fish soup. Now, a bowl of Cheerios sounds pretty good.

More... gimme more!!!

Must be a southern thing...

Yeah... I guess so! Most crawdads we get here come from Louisiana. We boil 'um up in a hot boil with a heavy dose of cayenne pepper! All this makes the brew go down SO smooth & fast. They're havin' an annual charity boil tomorrow & I'll be gittin' more than my fair share again tomorrow. Can't wait!!!

BoB

A friend of mine went to Japan one time on business and had to be entertained by some of the Japanese business guys he was trying to do business with. When he got home he told me he ate food that he had no idea what it was, but some of it was swimming around in his mouth while he ate it. :eek::eek:

Don

I was born in Louisanna, me and my sister used to go to the creeks and catch them for our crawfish boils. Ya boild the crawfish in with some corn, onions and red potatoes, when it's done you pour the barrel out onto the picnic table and have fun....watch out for flyin' juices! Best eatin' on the face of this planet!!
Ok, before I say what I am about to say...DO NOT TAKE IT OUT OF TEXT! There is nothing vulgar about it, so get your minds out of the gutter!

There is a sayin' where I am from that goes like this:
"Ya ain't eatin' unless you are sucking the head and eating the tail, find yourself a crawfish boil"

I can hear the laughs now......

Latest posts

Back