Getting a pet rat

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gogogadget

Hey all, I was just wanting to gather some information on “rat rods” mainly the late 30’s p/u trucks seems to draw my attention the most. I would love to have an informative thread on some tips and pointers on what to do, and what not to do. I have yet been able to locate a truck locally and anything out of WA seems to not have a title, which makes in near impossible for me to import it into Canada.

If you have any great build threads of your own, or are a rat rod guru, or know of any great informative sites for me to visit please chime in.

The more pictures the better.

Thanks everybody.

ratrod.jpg

Can’t seem to get enough of this truck
http://farm2.static.flickr.com...b.jpg

BareNekid4_jpg.jpg

Welcome to RRR, gadget. While there is no specific thread like your looking for. Look around the build threads. There is a ton of ideas & advice from the denziens of this fine repository of rod building knowledge.

That truck that says "Paint and Body" on the doors is or was local to me. It's pretty rough in person. The bottom truck (Jimmy Shine's) on the other hand, is top notch. I've seen it in person and it's just loaded with quality details. The first truck you posted has flames on it now. There are numerous good build threads by guys building trucks over in the builds section. Take a cruise through there and have a look see. Good stuff.

Here's the first truck with the added flame job and some other changes like radial tires and a tunnel ram. I see your thread got locked on the hamb. You can't say rat rod over there.

If you have any great build threads of your own, or are a rat rod guru, or know of any great informative sites for me to visit please chime in.

I think the Rat Rod God and Rat Rod Master are over on Killbillet. Please tell us you didn't say rat rod on the HAMB! :eek:

ISore

Last edited:
hello there, if you find a rat rod that you like in the states with no title, all you half to do is take it apart before you hit the border with it and tell them you bought it for parts, then when your back home put it back together and look for a ownership for it . they usually run around 150.00 for one...also try kijiji, sometimes there are cars and trucks on there... hope this helps

Latest posts

Back