Giving on Thanksgiving

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DA34GUY

Just gonna throw this out to you guys--
Last year I went to the local V A hospital and invited 3 guys over for dinner
Sat and stuffed ourselves and shot the BS for about 6 hrs.
After I took them back and got home I really felt good.
Goin over today and invite a few more for this year
Ain't that what Thanksgivng is all about?

We cook around 50 turkeys and take meals to shut-ins, nursing homes, police, fire and EMS employees that have to work on Thanksgiving. We cook about half of the turkeys in fryers at the church where we fix several favors including an "Atomic Turkey" which is pretty hot (my personal favorite).
I always have a big time and it's much better than dealing with my relatives.

my hat's off to both of you....[cl [cl [cl [cl

i believe i read somewhere " it's more blessed to give than to receive"
and that is truly a good way to "give back"

if only the world operated that way more, it would certainly make a better place for us all

We used to invite the elderly man down the road who lived on a farm by himself. What a trip he was, been everywhere and seen everything. We used to try and figure out how old he was, he would never say. I figured he was in his early eighty's. Poor guy ran into the back of a dumptruck and died. His age was listed at 101! Incredible. Sure do miss him!:(......CR

My folks owned a KFC Franchise in Kansas next to Fort Riley Army Base years ago and something that always stuck with me about my Dad was that every year at Thanksgiving and Christmas he would order the kitchen into overdrive and cook an extra few hundred pounds of freshly cooked chicken including all the salads, rolls, potatoes, etc.. and then he would load it all into his catering van and then set out to find all the G.I.'s he could who might be out on the streets after leaving the bars at night. Every time he would find one or even a whole group he would call them to the van and give them all the food they could carry. Those guys tripped out every time we did that and they were always so thankful for it. I was always really proud of my Dad and he taught me a great lesson about giving to others. Of course he knew that his generosity would come back to him because they would buy food from him in the future but he did it because he wanted to show them how much he appreciated their business too. Our business was what it was because of those guys and they deserved to be shown our appreciation for that and for their service to our country as well.

You think you know someone from their posts. Thank you for sharing this DA.
It is uplifting to read something like this. A family in Globe put an ad in Craig's
inviting any family to come and share TG with them!Those of you who do this
sort of thing are much bigger people than me and i admire you.

Latest posts

Back