Glass cutter in Amarillo ?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsmecord

I am to that point in my build where I need to get glass installed. I have made my templates,and done some asking around but nobody will cut it for me,or even tell me if my templates will work. I have heard of people having there rubber ordered by there glass guy while they were cutting it,but I can't even find a person to cut it ! So I need to find a cutter and a source for rubber. A few more questions while on this subject: 1 How can I be sure that I have made my templates so that the windows will fit once cut ? what I mean its how much space does the rubber take up ? 2 Should I make my templates a little smaller than the window opening,or the exact same?
Anybody here cut there own glass ? Windshield,door glass,and rear glass.

Also in Amarillo.
You will have to go to a commercial glass company, don't bother with the Automotive glass places....all they do is install windshields.

I went to Bullitt several years ago, (for a Dart) and they gave me so much B-S- about how they wouldn't do laminated windows for side glass, it's impossible to drill a hole in glass, and blah blah blah.

I ended up finding what I needed at Cherry Ave, they only had one Dart like mine, and the only 3 windows it had were the ones I needed.

Look for a place that does "decorative glass" or "table tops".

get your rubber first. then you can measure the distance between the groove the glass fits in, and the groove the frame fits in. that's how much smaller the glass has to be than the frame. if it's flat glass, just watch some you tube videos on glass cutting, get one of those little glass cutters, practice on some regular house glass(not tempered though), then cut away. it really is that easy. i cut the windshield in our 47. took about 3 hours, to make the template, cut the glass, and install it, and that was even the 54 year old glass.

Latest posts

Back