Glass Templates

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vintagered13

Now I've gone through and read most of the forums on how to do the glass template on a chopped top. But I'm more of what you'd call a visual learner. Does anyone have shots of their templates laid in and the sizing in the space. For windshields and door glass. I need to see or know how far the glass is suppose to go over the metal edge on a windshield opening.

window.jpg

I use my old rubber[or leaft over pieces] and cut it into pieces about 1'' long and put it on the opening and then get a good measurment that way .then on a flate glass area i cut something a simmilar thickness and trial fit it to make sure of the fit before i go to the glass man. Some scrape lexan or plexie glass works great for a timplate!Or lay one of your old pieces of winshield into the botom rubber and then mark it with a sharpy to get a perfect size.

The glass shop that's going to cut mine will come right to my house and measure for me and make it good if it isn't right. Call the shop and see if they will do that. Harleyboy

Latest posts

Back