Gonna shoot a lil Blitz Black!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
I rattle canned my '41 Chev panel but thought I'd go for a lil better paint job & have decided to spray it with John Deere Blitz Black tractor paint. $34 for a gallon & $6.50 for reducer. Didn't get any hardner but have decided to after I read it takes about 2 hours to dry without it & 30 mins with it. That should bring my total to around $60 + a lil for a couple of strainers. The guy at the John Deere dealer said he only sells this stuff to cats that are painting a hot rod with it. Anyway... I'll keep ya'll posted.

BoB

Attachments

• blitz.jpg
    blitz.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 20
Is it a matte finish or just regular high gloss enamel?

DR,
Sorry... it's flat black & the cars I've seen painted with it look awesome! Can't beat the price!!! A buddy bought some "hot rod" flat black paint & it was $350... I think he's gonna tale it back now! :eek:

BoB

DR,
Sorry... it's flat black & the cars I've seen painted with it look awesome! Can't beat the price!!! A buddy bought some "hot rod" flat black paint & it was $350... I think he's gonna tale it back now! :eek:

BoB

Thanks for the info, I been looking for some flat/semi flat silver cheap, more like an aluminum color.... wonder if they make that [S

Thanks for the info, I been looking for some flat/semi flat silver cheap, more like an aluminum color.... wonder if they make that [S

Check tractor supply if you have one in the area (or go on line) they have a bunch of different tractor and implement paints which are designed for hard working conditions, and like Tripper said, the prices are better then the car parts places

I painted mine without the hardener. It took 3 months for it to cure enough that rain spots don't soak through anymore. I will probly do it again this summer and fix some small spots that I can see under the paint. Next time I WILL use the hardener.

Also, be sure to mix it like it says. I thought I could put in more thinner than they recommended and it would not spray right until I went by its recommendations. That thinner is different than any regular that I've used before.

Latest posts

Back