Good find

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cfavrett

Got ahold of this cab today. It was once a 31ish dodge four door cut down a long time ago to a pick up cab. Got it and the axle and bones for 250$. I think I did ok. Im new to this thread thing so I hope the pics load

Attachments

• IMG_0831.jpg
    IMG_0831.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0832.jpg
    IMG_0832.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0833.jpg
    IMG_0833.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 70
plans

I plan to round up some more stuff then I will start a build thread. I dont have much to work with right now as I have been laid off a while and bring a new meaning to the word broke. The same old guy has a ton of stuff laying arround that I can get cheap enough. I will get a bed from him when I scrape up some more toy money. This guy is one of a kind. He has got to be close to 90 and has old cars everywhere. If you ask him about one he can tell you what it is, when and where he got it and what he paid for it. And most of them have been there for decades.

Heck of a deal!!! That cab is $$$!

I could pick up a foot long rusty bent chunk of angle iron out of my Dads scrap pile and he could tell me what it came off, what he cut off it, what he used the pieces for. ....and how it got bent.

window frame

I got to messin arround today and figured out my windsheild frame is pretty rotten on the top. The hinge on the top was not even connected any more. This could be a common problem but im a lil wet behind the ears so im not sure what the best fix would be. Also if someone has a frame layin arround from an A I could use some dimensions on it. They look pretty close. Thanks

frame

I guess I didnt word that the best. I was talking about the widsheild frame. Mine looks pretty close to an a windsheild frame. I was just wondering if I could make it work.

drive train

This thing is coming along like a true rat. I got my whole drive train for free yesterday! Found a 77 ltd that has been in a barn since 1992 and the lady didnt even know she had it. She told me to help myself. 351w, c4 and ford 9". On top of that I will make money scrapping it when I get done pickin it for parts. Im getting closer to a build thread and will have plenty of pics so all you old schoolers can tell me where im screwing up. I will need the oversight.

This cab looks great, you have enough to start a build thread now. I started with just a cab and no doors. Ready for an update. :)

Latest posts

Back