Goodday eh

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CowboyUP

How's it goin everyone? I'm fairly new to the rod scene, only in that I've only now decided to dedicate myself. I've always been interested in them, cars have always been a passion of mine. I'm 23, and people always look at me funny when I say I want to build a rod. I don't really care, if anything it pushes me harder. In my opinion, a car guy/gal is a car person. If you love what you're driving, and you built it, all the power to you. I don't care if it's chev, dodge, or friggin toyota. It's a car, you built it, and you love it. That's what makes a true car guy. Anyway...I was at a show n shine tonight and was discussing that with a guy who decided it was more fun to pay a guy a bunch of money to build him a shiny, chromed up car. Seems like a pretty sweet site, can't wait to post about my build whenever it happens. First step is finding something I fall in love with (even a door would be a good start and I'll probably almost cry I'll be so happy). I have my CDL but I'm having problems finding quality people to work for. I'm not into working for crooks and that seems to be all I can find, so even though part of rats is trying NOT to spend money, and just driving and building, it is still something you need. Thanks everyone!
Rob

Welcome!!!

Cowboy,
Welcome to the forum... glad u found us. Good luck in finding a project & keep u posted! Make u're self @ home & feel free 2 join rat in!!! :D:D:D

BoB

Lol thanks everyone. I'm sure I'll find something. I'm trying to find a car club in calgary, ab I can maybe hang around with, get some advice and such. Hopefully people that are willing to be around 23 yr olds lol

I really appreciate it everyone. I'm not one who has done an awful lot of fabbing and the like in the past, I've really just done mechanical. I'm not too worried about it, might just take a little longer, but I'm also not buying the work lol...It'll all be mine. Right now I'm just gonna go find something. literally, anything that catches my eye, for the right price, is gonna be mine.

Welcome to RRR, Cowboy. The search is a good part of the fun. Keep us posted once you find your car/truck.

I have a couple of good friends in Calgary. They love it ( except housing costs). Kijiji may have some good stuff available in your area. By the way, what's a CDL ? By the way, welcome.

Hey everyone,
sorry I haven't posted in a long while. Ive been computerless. I'm not in bc, living in the town my girlfriend of 2 yrs grew up in. Turns out, her dad bought her a 52 Dodge pickup. Body and frame are there, that's about it though. There's an axle under the front end but I haven't had a chance to really look at it yet. I'm going to be pulling it out of the bush in the next couple of weeks and putting her into a shop to work on over the winter. Need ideas so I'll start a thread.

Hey Rob I have a project idea for ya

Along with my 440/727 I have a still intact rolling chassis from a motorhome with the engine and trans still in it. Along with a 1946 Dodge Cab over a neighbor has like this one only not shiny (http://www.flickr.com/photos/braintoad/2549428577/). If you combined the two it would make an awesome car hauler. I'm sure you could cut a fat hog on a deal for the truck. The whole complete chassis and power train is only $850 and I'm sure I could get you the truck for under a grande. I know you are out of work but let me know if you want me to further investigate the cab over for ya. Rob

hello - look forward to seein what ya decide to build your first rat from - -
im only 26 and am on my 3rd one now... it doesnt matter what age you got into ratrodding- just so long as you got here :) - that goes for you old guys too!:D

Latest posts

Back