Got the shoebox out of the garage after 2 years

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuzz

Livin' the rat roddin' lifestyle
Finally got it down off the jack stands and drove it out of the garage. First thing I noticed is the sunlight shows my poor body work, oh well!!
50ford7-4-08001.jpg

Washed off two years of dust and grime...
50ford7-4-08009.jpg

50ford7-4-08002.jpg

Next time I get a day off I plan to take it to the glass shop for a windshield and back glass. Think I'll put lexan in the side windows..

More

I installed flowmaster mufflers on it and I don't like the way it sounds without headders so I'm going to put glasspacks on it later.
50ford7-4-08003.jpg

50ford7-4-08012.jpg

Rokkin!!!

Fuzz,
Wow... that car ROCKS!!! Never mind any funky body work... that can always be straightened out but that box justs looks really wicked!!!

BoB

Thanks guys. My intentions were to build a street rod that looks like a gasser and I guess I made that work. With alittle luck I'll have it drivable before the years end. I plan to make a few trips down the drag strip just to see what it'll do. Should be respectable since it is a 455 Buick warmed up some, maybe some mid 12's??
It's a slow process since I only get about one day a week to work on it and money is always in short supply.
I check this site out on the weekends and RRR is a cool place to hang out, I'll keep you all posted.
God bless.....
Fuzz

I love those shoebox fords! That is one of the best and baddest I have ever seen. You should pat yourself on the back for a great job. Who cares about a little body work. If you're a true hotrodder then your car will probably never be completely finished(LOL)!! Anyway I love it......CR:cool:

I love those shoebox fords! That is one of the best and baddest I have ever seen. You should pat yourself on the back for a great job. Who cares about a little body work. If you're a true hotrodder then your car will probably never be completely finished(LOL)!! Anyway I love it......CR:cool:
Better to be remain silent and thought to be dumb, than speak and prove it!

Latest posts

Back