Gothic bike

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Hardin

Hello every one, I just finished this bike and it has been a long time on going process. The building of it is in builds forum under gothic bike. I am looking for my next project and hope somebody can help. I live out in a little town in northern Az. and don,t have much access to old motorcycles. I am looking for an old harley or indian hard tail that is all original and in good enough condition that i could mechanically restore it and leave it barn find looking and ride the heck out of it. I know -------dream on but there has to be one some where. Any help or leads would be greatly appreciated. I can be reached at 928 241 1490 or through the forum. Here are a few pictures of the bike I just finished. Thanks for your time and take care----- Joe

Attachments

• DSCF1206.jpg
    DSCF1206.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 132
  • DSCF1210.jpg
    DSCF1210.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 100
  • DSCF1208.jpg
    DSCF1208.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 91
  • DSCF1207.jpg
    DSCF1207.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 89
  • DSCF1213.jpg
    DSCF1213.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 127
gothic bike

Thanks Tripper and Nefareous, As for the wheels they are real quarter sawn hickory like the early cars had. I took a solid wheel billet and had it machined into 12 --- 5/8 square spokes and then grain matched the hickory overlays and turned the rivet plates to help hold them. I used a scale to weight match them as I was building and then static balanced them. the front took less than a half of an ounce. At 55 to 60 mph they run smooth as glass. It took so much time to build them I don,t know if I would ever do it again. Are you guys building at the moment? take care

Looks pretty nice. I don't know about Gothic, call it what you want but to me it looks closer to what they are calling Steam Punk these days
Gothic is more pre victorian age vampire or castle Frankenstein looking stuff. like Bram Stokers Dracula movie with Keano Reeves.
SteamPunk is modern technology built to look as if it was created in the lab of a Victorian scientist much like something from a Jules Verne novel like the ship in the movie league of extraordinary gentlemen.
Something new to me is Diesel Punk. Modern things that look like they were designed and built around the time of WWI to WWII
Taken to the extreme Diesel Punk is the motiff in the new movie Iron Sky, A dark comedy about Nazi's who escaped to the moon in 1945 and spending the last 7o years planning to take over the earth.
They have antigravity, helium 3 and flying saucers and a moon base but are stylistically and scientifically stuck in a modern reinterpretation of 1945 with space Zeppelins and conventional ballistic weapons and a supercomputer that looks like the control panel from a 1940's coal fired power plant.

The Term Punk comes from the saying you got "punked" or "fooled" It has similar meaning as Phantom Fake or Faux except the work Punk is placed after the name of the STYLE that the thing is being faked in
Where Phantom Clone or Faux is placed at the beginning of a word describing the ITEM that is being faked.
A Phantom or clone chevy ss describes the car as a fake ss
A Musclepunk chevy describes a car designed in the style of a musclecar
A musclepunk chevy ss clone I guess would mean a chevy that's a fake ss designed to look as if it were built from the factory as a bona fide musclecar but that would be redundant because ss was a musclecar
But a Musclepunk PTcruiser superbee would be a pt cruiser built in the image of the technology as if it rolled off the assembly line in the 1960's early 1970's and also as if it bore the (phantom) factory musclecar package "superbee"
This is getting ugly and I'm beginning to get nausiated lol.

IMHO...Steam Punk requires more brass...I would classify this bike as BITCH`N...*unfortunately it`s too clean to be a RAT

Gothic punk bike meets western blacksmith

Torchmann, I am ranch raised and a black smith and maybe that explains it. I am looking for a old barn bike to mechanically restore and leave rat looking. That will be my next project.

I thought it looked more turn of the century western late 1800's than English Victorian or diesel age.
What would that be called?
If it had it's own name?
Amish 1%er? :D
Bikes of Wrath?
Cowboys -n- aliens? no that's differnt lol
Actually the style would be right about at the time...of Josey Wales or when the original Jessie James was taking the railroad to task.
Neo-confederate?
Not horseless carriage that's still a little far back the first cars and scooters were motorized horsedrawn carriages and bicycles....
And steam had been around a while and was at it's end....
Instead of as the Indians called the train... Iron Snake
Iron horse?
The Iron Horse age?
I like that

killer looking bike!

bike is extremely clean, but the custom fabrication is awesome looking, enough to really stand out yet not over done, sweet ride

Latest posts

Back