Gotta Do This!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vista roofer

dudes! saw a post about a broken chrome steering arm and the guy was from this site so just checking things out! :cool::cool:

Welcome. I'm the guy with the busted arm. :D I saw the thread that Rab71 posted. All I wanted to do was alert people using the same arm to be careful and check theirs out.

Do me a favor please. Post on that thread that I am extremely happy with Speedway's response to this issue, and have no reason to want to sue or do anything to them. No damage was done to me or the car. I have dealt with Speedway for over 20 years and swear by their customer service. Tim in Customer Service could not have been nicer or more apologetic and concerned. They want the arm back to evaluate it and are sending a UPS pickup tag.

Also, I saw some comments that we "cheaped out" on this arm. First of all, there are not a lot of places to buy Corvair arms, Speedway and Total Performance are the only two I know of. Secondly, my Son has spent in excess of $ 20K in parts on this T and virtually every part is new or totally rebuilt. I would not let my Son drive around in a marginally safe car, I love him too much for that.

If you could do that for me I think it would clear up some questions some members had, and I would appreciate it. Also, please thank the members who had nice things to say and who offered their comments about being happy I wasn't hurt. I appreciated those comments.

Again, welcome to the forum and I hope you stick around.......lots of nice people here and we love all kinds of cars, not just rats.

Don

Last edited:
Hope you spend a little more time here, you'll find we are not just a broken steering arm site.

There are some great people here, with a lot of info and stories to share.

Speaking of stories, have you got a hot rod? etc... more info on the intro please.

I saw and appreciate it. Like I have mentioned, my Son Dan is a member there, and I stay away to give him some space of his own. He and I see each other every day, so he needs a place all to himself. I do lurk though as it is a very good source of info.

BTW, some people have mentioned they would like to see the finished T. If you would like, here are a couple of pictures that you could post. I know some will wonder why I don't do it myself, but I really want Dan to have the HAMB all to himself.......it is the only forum he belongs to and deserves that courtesy from me.

Thanks again,

Don

Attachments

• dons t body back from paint shop 022.jpg
    dons t body back from paint shop 022.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 11
  • dons t lights mounted 009.jpg
    dons t lights mounted 009.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 8
  • daytona turkey run 2007 002.jpg
    daytona turkey run 2007 002.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 9
  • daytona turkey run 2007 004.jpg
    daytona turkey run 2007 004.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 9
  • dons t interior finished 001.jpg
    dons t interior finished 001.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 9
I saw and appreciate it. Like I have mentioned, my Son Dan is a member there, and I stay away to give him some space of his own. He and I see each other every day, so he needs a place all to himself. I do lurk though as it is a very good source of info.

BTW, some people have mentioned they would like to see the finished T. If you would like, here are a couple of pictures that you could post. I know some will wonder why I don't do it myself, but I really want Dan to have the HAMB all to himself.......it is the only forum he belongs to and deserves that courtesy from me.

Thanks again,

Don

How do I link your pictures to the HAMB? I would also like to thank vista roofer for the use of this thread, sorry for thread jacking!

Latest posts

Back