Grandson time....

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sniper

Canadian Rust Bucket
My boss knows one of the members of the London Model Train club in London Ontario. He thought that maybe my grandson would like to go see the trains running and meet the club members. So he set it up and four of us went to check it out, my boss Ron, myself and grandson Gordon, and his dad Bob. 6 year old's love trains...and Gordon was no different. His dad hoisted Gordon up on his shoulders so he could see better....and keep him from tearing around.:D The club members made us feel real welcome and took the time to answer questions and show us the inside things that you wouldn't normally get to see. Here's a few pictures of what was there. The scale of the set up is 1/48. Just for interest sake, a 6 ft tall man is 1 1/2 inches tall in scale. The club has been going since 1938 and they have been in the present location since 1970.

Attachments

• Trains-1.jpg
    Trains-1.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 28
  • Trains-2.jpg
    Trains-2.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Trains-3.jpg
    Trains-3.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 20
  • Trains-4.jpg
    Trains-4.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 20
  • Trains-5.jpg
    Trains-5.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 20
  • Trains-6.jpg
    Trains-6.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 20
  • Trains-7.jpg
    Trains-7.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 22
  • Trains-8.jpg
    Trains-8.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 21
  • Trains-9.jpg
    Trains-9.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Trains-11.jpg
    Trains-11.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 19
The remaining few...

Attachments

• Trains-12.jpg
    Trains-12.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Trains-13.jpg
    Trains-13.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Trains-10.jpg
    Trains-10.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 23
That's a serious train set. Dig the cars too.
I had a set up when I was a kid, still have all of it in boxes. My dad would take me to set up much like this one in San Diego. Not sure if it's still there but it was always fun to watch them running.

That's neat! When my two were small, I took them to a show in Birmingham where they had several setups like those. We bought them a HO set, and some scenery and stuff and tried to put it all together. It turned out fair, but was a lot of trouble to keep together. Most of it ended up in boxes in the closet. I just didn't have the skill level the guys that do this all the time have. From the pic, looks y'all were having fun!

Latest posts

Back