Greatigngs from Chicago

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zoki318

Hello everyone. I go by the name Zoran (or Zoki318). I was (s)trolling this fancy Interwebs site of yours and decided to stop by for a little. I am a huge fan of the automobile. Old, new or strange. If it has character I love it. I am a computer tech buy trade and car nut by dream. I do not know anything about cars except where the gas goes and how to turn the radio on. But I do have dreams.

I do have one question. How could something as ugly as a rat rod be such a beautiful work of art? :confused:

Hey welcome... I'm new here too

Honestly Im not sure and wouldn't wanna insult anyone if I'm wrong but how's this.... I don't think of a rat rod as beautiful but more like Awesome... The creativity that goes into some of these personal rods are unique , genuine, and defiantly original... That's the art behind a rat rod.... I think

Welcome Zoran
Everyone's ideas are slightly different which makes this hobby so appealing :eek:
The different renditions is what keeps our attention [S
The hunt for another project feeds our primal urges [ddd
The satisfaction of saving another piece of American history from the scrappers is an honor :)
The approval from others, of a job well done is fulfilling :D
AH What the heck it's an addiction that we all share :eek:

Jim

Welcome Zoran! Glad you found us and if you hang out here for long you'll know a whole lot more about cars than where to put the gas! :D

I think Old Iron pretty much nailed it too!

Rat Rods to me are kinda like songs, just when you think one has been written about every subject and every situation........along comes something new that just blows your mind :cool:

Honestly Im not sure and wouldn't wanna insult anyone if I'm wrong but how's this.... I don't think of a rat rod as beautiful but more like Awesome... The creativity that goes into some of these personal rods are unique , genuine, and defiantly original... That's the art behind a rat rod.... I think

I'm not trying to insult anyone at all in here. It's just when you look at the real extreme rats that are covered in rust, for most that is the exact opposite of what your looking for. Than they take that car and go bananas with it.

ideas

it's personal tatste; other than making it safe, there really isn't any rules.

ask ten people what they think a rat rod is and you will get ten different answers.

welcome.

Later:cool:

hello and welcome

to me a beautiful work of art is a '59 Eldorado , ford cobra , or porshe speedster. I dont think I could build any of those, but I do believe I could build a rat rod(and if I cant Im ganna go crazy triing because what else am I ganna do?).

Welcome from the wet state of Michigan..

Different strokes for different folks....one mans art is anothers junk.....or one mans trash is another man's treasure.....all's good here.......that's what's nice about the RRR....[cl

Latest posts

Back