Greetings from Alabama!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4chevyman

Howdy, everyone! I've been lurking around for a while, thought I would intro myself. I lived in west Alabama all my life and I have a junk problem. I have rust running through my veins! My Mecca is Pull-a-part in Birmingham. My current projects are a 65 chevy c10 with a ford flatbed on it and a 76 chevy c10. I've cut the top off the 76 due to tornado damage. I plan on starting a thread on the 76 build so hopefully it will keep me motivated. I like this site more that other "ratty" sites because you don't have year model restrictions. Thanks for having me!

welcome to rrr, from jasper. we like most all the stuff people have to offer. love the earily 60's chevy trucks, i have a 63 step side short bed, wish it was a fleet side. i have been trying to put a small shop together but you know how honey do's and alabama weather works.

Howdy, everyone! ........... and I have a junk problem.

You know what they say, the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. [S Who am I kidding, there's no cure for what we have.......just treatment. :D And you've come to the right place for treatment! Welcome aboard, I think you'll like it here! :cool:

I know what you mean 26Troadster. My 65 is a longbed, and the bed was shot. Bought it in Centerpoint for $500 and drove it back to Tusc. (actually Brookwood) at night! When I got up the next morning, I noticed that there was no nut holding the steering wheel on; if I'd pulled back on it, it would have come off! A lower A arm was about to fall off. I robbed the front end out of the 76 because of the damage during the Apr. 27 tornado, so it drives great. I'm going to make a convertible roadster of sorts out of the 76. Luckily, my shop survived the storm (which the 65 was in). The house wasn't so lucky. I still have some work to do to it, it got shifted off the slab a bit and a few puncture holes in the wall. This weather is awful, maybe it will warm up tomorrow! Thanks for the welcomes!

Welcome to the RRR!!!

Nice to have ya here......make sure you post some pics for us reading challenged people...lol [P

Daddy always said "never buy a car in the dark." But you can't expect too much for $500. Oh yeah, the floor gear shifter fell thru the floor when I pulled up to Mickey D's in Centerpoint. Had to tie it up with wire. But it's got a sweet runnin 75ish 250 6 cyl. that doesn't use a drop of oil hooked up to a turbo 400 that does. I'll start a thread and post pics this evening.

Latest posts

Back