greetings from CT

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xschx

Hey guys, my name is Aaron from Connecticut. I’ve been into hot rods since I was a teenager. Each car I buy seems to get older and older. I currently own a 50 Merc, 40 Plymouth Delivery and most recently picked up a 30 Ford pickup rat rod. I’ve always been more into the imperfect and beat up cars because I have more time to fix them up than money to buy anything already nice, plus I never worry where I park and scratch repair is a $3 can of rustoleum. I plan on doing some work on the Ford instead of leaving it as is. I am glad to have run across this site as most hot rod or stocks sites aren’t very helpful with their “why would you want to do that?” instead of a helpful answer.

Attachments

• black_plymouth_front.jpg
    black_plymouth_front.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 16
  • black_plymouth_rear.jpg
    black_plymouth_rear.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 2011_delivery1.jpg
    2011_delivery1.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 13
  • ford_ROD.jpg
    ford_ROD.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 17
welcome from OKLA. nice looking toys.

thanks! The plymouth is currently black, the red is how i got it. I didn't like it too much, reminded me of a firetruck. I banged out some of the roof dents, sanded it and got rid of most of the runs in the paint too.

Why would you want to do that? [ddd

Welcome to RRR!

exactly! i have gotten that a lot! most of them time is what over swapping engines out from the original, last one was over wanting to do a 12v conversion as I've never done one before and wanted to know how a 6v positive ground car was done. That would be my Mercury, and considering how many 12v Mercs there are out there, I figured there would be someone knowledgeable on the subject.

welcome

lot of knowledge here,

sometime we ask why, but in the end, it's youre's, build it to suit you:D

we like different, odd and off the wall stuff. just put it together safely, no fun havvin' parts fall off:eek:

Later :cool:

welcome to rrr.I think i've seen your 30 at stafford swap in the past. What part of conn. are you from.

Probably....the kid I bought it from drove it around everywhere almost as a daily driver. I just picked it up from him last weekend. I live in Manchester. I did go to this past swap meet, first time I've ever gone. that place is huge, didn't even get to the last 2 rows before it was closing and I was there since 8:30 am.

I live in CT Welcome

Hey just checking out your post that ford is cool as hell
I would change things too I like to do projects the way I
would build them. Plus it is alot fun to build them, I dont really know
what it feel like to drive one because mine is not even close to being on the road

Hey just checking out your post that ford is cool as hell
I would change things too I like to do projects the way I
would build them. Plus it is alot fun to build them, I dont really know
what it feel like to drive one because mine is not even close to being on the road

where are you from?

I live in Plymouth/Terryville off of Rt. 6
I am building a 63 nova ss and a 36 chevy pu
I have to do a introduce myself post but I just did
not get alot done on the truck this year so Im waiting till i have
more pictures of the progress after I get a couple more things done.
I'm sure people will ask me for pics so I'll start working on uploading them
Thanks I also have many pics on instagram under chevybruno
you can check out. I also went to stafford swapmeet and scored some
nice doors for the 36 :D

Latest posts

Back