Greetings from the Alabama coast

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jcowart

Hello all. I'm pretty new to the world of rodding but I'm gonna see what I can do with my 61 bel air. The motor an tranny are going to be donated by a 78 elcamino ss. Any and all input is appreciated.

e7564245.jpg

2850d9c8.jpg

140919a4.jpg

23f1df76.jpg

Greetings from Berry,AL, just north of Tuscaloosa.

I'd lose the wing, tacky scoop, and the side pipes. A set of Torque Thrust's would look good, as would a set of Ansen style slot mags. I'm not real big on gasser look cars for the street, I prefer mine lowered a bit in front, but it's your car, build it to suit your tastes.

Welcome to RRR! The punky hood scoop thing needs to go - replace it. Leave the wing - since it was already there, it's kinda cool. Lose the little toy dog. Fix the tail lights. Is that diamond plate on the hood?! If it covers rust out, leave it, but bend it back out. Same with the lower valance and straighten the grill the best you can. No bumper. Nose up, gasser style. Leave the rest as is. Paint the motor size on the front fenders, a big door art pic - (no words or numbers, just a drawing), and a joke business name on the rear quarters. And in the rear side windows paint DB/G for your class - (Ditch Bomber/Gas :D).

If the front bumper was on it, I would have suggested you skyjack the rear end a few inches instead of going nose up.

(You asked for input...:p)

Welcome from Salem. I'd drop the rear about 2" and keep the nose where it's at.The scoop , spoiler & sidepipes would have to go. Can't go wrong with Torque-Thrusts & a set of fenderwell headers. My $.02.

Latest posts

Back