group picture of some of my rides

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jammersspeed

was doing some cleaning in the shop yesterday and had a few of my cars outside...thought i would take a group photo and share it with everyone

Attachments

• Photo09031043_1.jpg
    Photo09031043_1.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 162
Jammer, I had to run outside and make sure my Studebaker truck was still where I left it. I first thought that maybe my wife had sold it to you.
Actually, mine is a 55 , so the grill is different. The grill in mine is in rough shape, so I'm thinking about using a 49-53 grill.My truck is on a 87 Dodge Dakota frame. I'm usually not a fan of complete frame swaps, but mine worked out very well. The truck sits a little lower than the stock Stude did, and I have not done anything to the Dakota suspension yet.
I would love to see more of your truck. Thanks and God bless you & yourn.:)

Jammer, I had to run outside and make sure my Studebaker truck was still where I left it. I first thought that maybe my wife had sold it to you.
Actually, mine is a 55 , so the grill is different. The grill in mine is in rough shape, so I'm thinking about using a 49-53 grill.My truck is on a 87 Dodge Dakota frame. I'm usually not a fan of complete frame swaps, but mine worked out very well. The truck sits a little lower than the stock Stude did, and I have not done anything to the Dakota suspension yet.
I would love to see more of your truck. Thanks and God bless you & yourn.:)

lol!!! funny.. my truck was sitting since 1966 before i got it about 2years ago with 2 other stude pickups... i took the best of the 3 and put this together in about 6 weeks. it is on a s10 chassis. worked out pretty well... drives good. it has a 11.5 to 1 355c.i. sbc/th350 with a 3500 converter and 3:73 gears. mine has dropped springs in front and 3" blocks in the rear for now...good luck with your project ... lets see some pics of it !!! ps... i might have a extra grill laying around if you need one ... cheap!

I considered using an s10 frame but after I looked at a Studebaker truck a friend was putting on a Dakota chassis, I went with the Dakota. The two are very similar, believe it or not. The Dakota has rack-and-pinion steering and I believe the kick-up for rear axle clearance is a little less on the Dakota.My frame was from a long bed truck so it was 12" too long. The frames are made from two pieces , put together in the middle. The back piece slides into the front piece and is welded.The s10frame is made the same. I ground the welds and slid the two halves apart, then cut 12" off the back piece. The two halves were slid back together and welded. The new welds were done by a friend,who is a certified,experienced welder. His welds look better than the originals. I raised the floor of the bed 2" to properly align the cab and bed.It was necessary to saw 4" of the rear of the rails off to fit the bed down onto the frame.I sawed the Stude steering column off just above the steering box and reconnected it to the rack-and-pinion. My interior will look stone stock with the original steering wheel and shift lever.My truck had been primed with spray can primer over the original dark green finish. I used several cans of spray brake cleaner and washed the primer off.The factory paint looks pretty good , with a little surface rust.I love it.The truck sits lower than stock already , and I have not done anything to the Dakota suspension to lower it, yet.I will post some pics soon.:)

Latest posts

Back