Guess I'll be down for a while!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drewski

Monday this week I had a total knee replacement. I'm already having withdrawals from not being in my garage. Hopefully this won't put me out of commission for long. Right now I'm so darn sore that it's a real effort to move.

I hope all you guys have your cameras handy, cause I need the entertainment seeing what you're doing. [P

Thanks to all for a great site. Glad I found it.

Drewski

Went through a set back myself here a while back. These guys were great keeping me entertained. Good luck with the new parts.

(I am guessing the old parts will end up at a swap meet.)

Hang in there Drewski. You'll be back in action in a while. In the mean time, you can plot and plan on your projects. Hope ya feel better.

Thanks guys,

Bonehead you won't see those parts at the swap meet. The doc. said I was very close to a complete lockup on that knee. I won't be trying to pass off that junk!

I may bore you guys over the next few days with some pics. made back in the day. I've got way too much time on my hands for a while.

Again thanks, to a great bunch of people.

Drewski

So how long they give ya before you can build? You can always rebuild a carb at the kitchen table. :)

Looks like 4-6 wks and longer before I get back to where I need (want) to be. I'd like to be able to walk without limping and ride my bike without the fear of dropping it at a traffic light

My wife still remembers the time I had 3 wiring harnesses all over the living room trying to make one good harness. Good thing, I have a wife that also enjoys my hobby.:)

Drewski

sorry to hear of the set-back.....be glad that knee got replaced in time!

i'm sure there will be lots of stuff here to entertain.....but i'd love to see pics of past projects and rides from back in the day.....so load us up!!:D

Take care of yourself and don't overdo it while you are healing. You will probably feel better and more like working on your projects with less pain. Good luck and Godspeed to your healing.

A hotrodding friend of mine is on his second set. He went through surgery last year, and until then I did not know he had it done 20 years before as well. He is doing very well again, and I think the hardware is better now.

Maybe....

Maybe Bonehead should have built him a new knee..!!! [;) Imagine how cool it would have looked..?!?!?! Picture this..Guy in X-ray room takes a pic of his knee and sees a SKULL looking back at him..!

Latest posts

Back