Guitars and such

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goose-em

Just curious about who plays the guitar out there and what they play.

I have been playing since the ripe old age of five.

Equipment:

Fender Mustang, pre 64
Hondo II (don't ask)
Arbor, (strat ripoff)
Epihone Wildkat
Fender Telecaster
Yamaha Acoustic, classical pre 68
ESP, Kirk Hammet Edition

Epiphone Triggermane 60
Some brand 120 watt all tube
Earthking all tube, pre some year I am not sure
Marshall

I am a rockabiily, phsycobilly, metal, punk, trad country guy.....

you??????

I have got about 5 guitars, but I still can't play worth a darn. I worked as a Forest Ranger in a cabin on the Contenintal Divide when I was in my late 20's. 45 miles from the nearest town, no TV, no radio. So I taught myself some guitar. I can amuse myself and annoy others.

That is awesome Bonehead. I grew up in Grace Idaho and when I graduated from HS I lived and worked in Yellowstone for a summer. Great times. Met Willie and that Blair chic from Different Strokes at the Old Faithful Lodge, I was a waiter, embarrassingly enough.

I started on nylon string (classical) when I was 9. I play heavy metal for the most part now. Every now and then, when I'm in the mood, I play classical.

My current guitars are:

- BC Rich Stealth (big Chuck Schuldiner fan)
- Jackson RR3 Pro (signed by Kreator and Exodus, don't play it anymore)
- Hamer Explorer
- Gibson Flying V (project)
- Suzuki classical guitar (my first guitar - nylon string)
- Agile Les Paul knock off
- BC Rich Warlock Exotic

My guitar pre-amp/amp rig (everything is rack mount):

- Furman power conditioner
- Korg tuner
- BBE Sonic Maximizer
- Digitech 2120 with Control One MIDI controller
- Crybaby rack wah
- Digitech RP5 (back up)
- Mesa Boogie 2:50 power amp
- Marshall 9100 power amp
- Peavey Classic 50 power amp (back up)
- Marshall 1960 speaker cabinets (full stack)

I also have a small bass rig for the recordings I do.

- BC Rich Stealth bass (Early 80's, USA, super rare)
- Charvel Bass (Mid 80's)
- Line 6 pre amp
- Ampeg SVT3 pro
- Ampeg 410 cabinet

I really want to buy a nice Rickenbacker bass (big Motorhead fan, surprise, surprise!!)

That's all! :D

I now just have a Takamine Santa Fe 2000 limited edition that has been beat to death, bought it at Brent's music in FM, Fl. in 2000. Almost has a hole wore in the face after 6 years, I broke the neck and it's never been right since. I've played mostly comedy originals for the past 7 years before that mostly country,southern rock, & the acoustic guys. Played on a gospel 8track when I was about 9 years old with my mother.

Put out a comedy CD called "Captain Ron's greatest tits" sold a thousand copies

I am a rockabiily, phsycobilly, metal, punk, trad country guy.....

Drop the metal and I am there with ya... but I do enjoy some metal, Motorhead and such.

Right now I am sitting with a small collection, have been unloading things the last year or so and this is whats left.

Fender Tele
Godin XTSA
Washburn Acoustic - GW Lyon

Peavey Supreme 120 watt transtube head & 4x12 cab
Fender Deluxe 90
- both rather cheap amps, that I am trying to sell to buy a Fender Blues Deluxe

Other odds and ends

Fender P Bass
Fender Bassman 100
Alabama 5 string banjo
Mason Lap Steel w/ original tube amp from the 50's
- was a company in Cambridge Ontario back in the 50's, real neat vintage looking amp, guitar and case
Yamaha Pro V drums 6pc set (cheap set for the Mrs to bang around on)

Nothing of the highest quality anymore, but it make noise when I want it too. My wants though... Would love to cut down to just the Tele and then pick up a different acoustic probably a Marten, a nice hollow body, love the Sparrow Primitive or Big Daddy. They even have a "rat rod" guitar, but it ain't too ratty.

http://www.sparrowguitars.com/ratrod

This is awesome guys. Always wondered how many of my fellow rodders played some type of instrument.

On the metal thing, I am talking about, Black Sabbath, Assjack, the Nuge, etc. Not what they call metal nowadays, other than maybe Assjack.

I really would like to get a Gretsch Silver Eagle someday, did I mention all of my guitars, except the Yamaha, nylon strings, are black?

Instead of the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe check out the Bugerra, I think it is the better amp and most definitely cheaper.

You can see a shoot out on you tube by the Tone King, not affiliated with me in any way.

trad. country & gospel/christian (any surprise?)
been learning guitar for last couple of years...

Crafter 6 string acoustic

Fender 12 string acoustic

dad has an old Fender telecaster 'bout a '74 model (he bought for us when we were kids & never learned to play it then)

you guys def are more serious in your music than i am...for me & just for fun...i never play in public

On the metal thing, I am talking about, Black Sabbath, Assjack, the Nuge, etc. Not what they call metal nowadays, other than maybe Assjack.

I can get on board with that, Actually saw Hank III last summer when he came up through Canada. Was an interesting show, and he is one hell of a showman. Literally played for 3+ hours, an hour of country/hellbilly/assjack each. And the mix of people in the crowd was insane.

I really would like to get a Gretsch Silver Eagle someday.

They are a beautiful guitar, just add a bigsby and your set.

Instead of the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe check out the Bugerra, I think it is the better amp and most definitely cheaper.

I will have to look into them. I have a line on a used Blues Deluxe for $450 didnt think it was that bad of a deal. Trying to swing a trade + cash for my Peavey, hopefully it works out.

You know Stacey David is supposed to be an awesome guitarist! Maybe we all wanta be like him when we grow up.

I can play enough on about any kind of stringed instrument to at least make folks think I can play. I only like gospel and bluegrass gospel.

I have found that music skills are often related with mechanical skills and artistic skills. Most folks that can play can multi-task at many other skills and have alot of the same likes and interests.

A friend of mine has been teaching me some bass stuff and now I'm hooked !!! I just don't know what is a good price for a used set up .. I am gona buy one here soon !!!

Latest posts

Back