Had a Little Surgery

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Z.Z.Rat

Monday a.m. went to Indy & had both elbows worked on.Thought I'd pass along the type of surgery so if any others are headed down this road.

Commonly known as tennis elbow. For a little over two yrs it has been getting worse to the point can't hardly work any longer. The routine procedure filets you at the elbow & scrapes scare tissue out, sews you back up & 12 weeks later you can start work again.

New technology uses a small incision & orthoscopic tool that pulverizes the scar tissue. Six weeks lifting 5# & working your way back.

Now I get to spend a lot of time on RRR!!!

Will let you know how the outcome works.

Sorry to hear that. Please keep us posted and take care of yourself, It's hard to work on a rat rod if your arms are in pain all the time. I think I will need that same op on at least one of my elbows. I worked on manual engine lathes for 30 yrs. It did take it's toll on my arms.

Good luck on a speedy recovery. I had bursitis in my right arm a couple weeks ago and I still feel it at the end of the day if I labor it.

I bet that is a mean pain when ya do what we do.
I guess right now, RRR to you means, Rest Recuperation Relaxation
Hope the recovery happens quick for ya.

Thanks for the thoughts. I forgot to mention that I used the new tech method. If any of you are headed for this check out " F.A.S.T." elbow procedure.

Well I see that I didn't get a large enough valentine & should've had more chocolates. Think it would be paying big about right now!LOL

Hey ZZ Rat

I didnt think you were old enough to have all these problems....I know farmers are about as tough as nails...I am sure you will be back working way before the doctors tell you, you can....

So who's gonna do all your chores???

MikeC

I've worked construction for 37 years and I am really starting to pay for it with my feet, knees and elbows. :( I'm afraid I'll be requiring some procedures before too many years if I intend to remain upright and mobile.
Hope your recovery is speedy with lasting results. :cool:

Latest posts

Back